Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi all, I have recently installed the newest version of Raspbian and Retropie on a brand new SD card on my RPi2 (I did a source-based installation). I was previously running the 2015-01-31 release of Raspbian and Retropie 2.6 on a different card. With that card, I was able to remove the boot text when launching a game by adding the following line to my /etc/profile:

[ -n “${SSH_CONNECTION}” ] || clear;emulationstation>/dev/null 2>&1

Well, I did this exact same procedure on my new card and it seems to not work. This line successfully saves in my /etc/profile, however the boot text will still show upon game launch. Not being a Linux wizard by any means, I’m trying to figure out why that is. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

machtroid
    Participant

Hi all, just an update here, I was able to remove the boot text upon game launch and after game exit by adding the following command at the end of my /etc/profile:

if [ -z “${SSH_CONNECTION}” ];then
    clear
    emulationstation > /dev/null 2>&1
    fi

There is another issue I have noticed however. In my previous build whenever I would exit Emulationstation it would take me to the console, where I would usually just boot into my desktop. However in this newest build whenever I choose to exit ES it takes me directly back into ES. It did this before I made any changes to my /etc/profile as well. I can’t quite figure out why this is happening.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.