Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Well I’m beyond happy and grateful for all the help I’ve received from all of you especially Floob and Buzz. You can understand how bummed I was when I found out that my Pi2 was not compatible with RetroPie after receiving it, so much for my thorough research.

Since I’ve learned so much over the past few days I’m curious as to how anyone records their monitors/ TVs while running RetroPie. I would always like to pass along the help and share videos for people starting out, plus show off my basic setup.

Anyway if someone has some tips on recording let me know.

Floob

RetroPie 2.5.0 should work fine on the RPi2.

I tend to use an Elgato to record gameplay, and Bandicam to record PC/PuTTY sessions.
    Although I’m sure there are some good free alternatives to Bandicam.

whettingstone
    Participant

I like OBS for recording in windows.

Roo
    Participant

[quote=87627]You can understand how bummed I was when I found out that my Pi2 was not compatible with RetroPie after receiving it, so much for my thorough research.[/quote]

What isn’t compatible? Like Floob said, with the newest 2.5.0 beta image I’ve had really good success with the Pi 2, I haven’t found any show stopping bugs

[quote=87627]I’m curious as to how anyone records their monitors/ TVs while running RetroPie.[/quote]

You’re not going to run software on the Pi to record – there’s not enough horsepower there to run the emulator and record the video output. You’ll need an external camera or HDMI capture device.

whettingstone
    Participant

[quote=87654]

What isn’t compatible? Like Floob said, with the newest 2.5.0 beta image I’ve had really good success with the Pi 2, I haven’t found any show stopping bugs

[/quote]

N64 works?

I’ve tried getting the both Zelda games to work in N64 on 2.3 (updated in all possible ways I can imagine) but haven’t managed.

Roo
    Participant

Some games work, some need tweaking or are not working yet. Super Mario 64 is full speed and 100% playable. Same with Mario Kart 64.

But “N64 not 100% working” and “Pi2 not compatible with RetroPie” are very different things… :)

whywilson1
    Participant

@Floob Thanks for the info. Elgato seems pretty straight forward.

@Roo. Before I came to this forum I DLed the 2.3 Img. THEN, I got it working because of Buzz img and Floobs help.

Everything works fine except for N64.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.