Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Inactive

Hello
    I have been playing around with Retropie for a couple of days now, and I’m very impressed about how well this project Works. I have figured out most of the Things. But i got some crackling sounds in DGEN (Sonic) Adjusting the sound frequency and latency helps alot. But in Quake most of the sound is missing during gameplay. I have read somewhere, that it might help using overclock. But Is that also the case, with the Raspberri 2? The Raspbrry pi 2 at stock speed, even runs Retroarch FBA core emulation very good with CPS 2 and NeoGeo roms.
    Thanks

Roo
    Participant

The RetroPie image automatically overclocks your Pi2 to 1000MHz.

I don’t see any problems with Quake on my Pi2. Are you running stock settings?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for replying. I meant quake 3. But I think it is the sdcard, that is to slow. The sound is only missing ingame, when the player is moving around. The sound is playing when the player is standing still.

petrockblog
    Keymaster

[quote=88302]The RetroPie image automatically overclocks your Pi2 to 1000MHz.
    [/quote]

only if you enable overclocking in raspi-config – it is not overclocked out of the box.

Roo
    Participant

Oh. Did this change recently or have I been mistaken all along?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Raspi-config was set to default = 700 mhz. Shouldn’t this be 900 mhz. Anyway settings it at medium = 900mhz Doesn’t help with the sound.

petrockblog
    Keymaster

we never had an overclock settings for the rpi2 included by default. some older images had a overclock setting for the rpi1 which was removed/fixed (I believe it wasn’t intentional)

Anonymous
    Inactive

The feature was included in the raspberian image from raspberrypi.org released 16.02.2015.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.