Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hey guys,

So I bought a PetRockBlock GPIO adapter and soldered it myself. I’ve tested it’s working using the button press test and both my SNES joypads are fulling working according to JSTEST on JS0 and JS1.

The problem I’m having is that if I test JS3 every now and then it detects activity across all buttons at the same time. It’s the very briefest of flickers but this means I can’t configure Emulations Station properly because when I’m trying to configure a controller, this flicker of activity happens and ruins the setup.

Does anyone know what might be causing this?

petrockblog
    Keymaster

It sounds as if some other service is emulating another joystick device. You can get an overview about the services with the command sudo service --status-all. The RetroPie GPIO Adapter needs only SNESDev to be running as service.

rhorne
    Participant

I think you might be right. I had SNESDEV and the Game Con driver both running simultaneously. Disabled Game Con and am now just trying to work out how to configure my controller for use in a game.

petrockblog
    Keymaster

Ah, I see – gamecon and SNESDev do interfere with each other, so that only one these two should run at one time. Good to hear!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.