Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hey…you were so great in helping me before I figured i would ask again

I am having some trouble exiting emulators (most infact except MAME and Amiga) ATARI, Megadrive, C64 etc all stay within game and need an “on/off” reboot to reselect game

I have checked config files the Megadrive file i looked at

/opt/retropie/configs/megadrive/Dgenrc and made sure exit key = escape – it was I exited …but it is non effective.
    Any advice on how i can set up keyboard operations to exit these environments (Atari/C64/SNES/Megadrive/N64) is welcomed

thank you in advance

tmar89
    Participant

I’m also looking for an easy way to exit out of C64 VICE with just my joystick.

slighty
    Participant

I read on the GitHub site that VICE can need a reboot to exit.. should be able to exit the others mind. Have you managed to? Cheers for the reply mate as lack of help on this from elsewhere

tmar89
    Participant

I figured it out by editing the joystick file and setting one of the buttons to UI Action Quit Emulator. If anyone wants more details, let me know here and I’ll post my whole config files for VICE

slighty
    Participant

Tmar do please post mate.

To my ‘shame’ I am still using a keyboard to play as ANOTHER of my issues is getting my PS3 controller to Synch.. I followed Floobs video and it paired etc but doesn’t respond..

herbfargus

Well the commodore 64 was a computer :P nothing wrong with using a keyboard. Try updating your setup script and pairing your controller with the ps3 option- it was just updated.

tmar89
    Participant

Here’s the controller part of opt/retropie/configs/c64/sdl-joymap-C64.vjm. This lets me do basic UI tasks like exit, save/load states and swap joystick.

# Logitech Logitech Dual Action
    # Up Down Left Right Axis
    0 0 0 1 0 8
    0 0 1 1 0 4
    0 0 2 1 0 2
    0 0 3 1 0 1
    0 0 4 0
    0 0 5 0
    0 0 6 0
    0 0 7 0

# Buttons
    0 1 0 0
    0 1 1 1 0 16
    0 1 2 0
    0 1 3 0
    0 1 4 5 Speed settings&Warp mode
    0 1 5 5 Machine settings&Joystick settings&Swap joystick ports
    0 1 6 5 Snapshot&Quickload snapshot.vsf
    0 1 7 5 Snapshot&Quicksave snapshot.vsf
    0 1 8 5 Quit emulator
    0 1 9 4
    0 1 10 0
    0 1 11 0

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.