Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi.

I used an emulator a year or 2 ago on the RPi1 and it played games really well. I think it was the reArmed one used by retropie today, but I’m not sure.

Anyway, now that RPi2 is out is there a way to tweak the graphics. I found that holding select on the Xbox controller and tapping n on the keyboard goes through the shaders, but is there any other tricks like filtering or resolution scaling or other that can also be applied. I’m not expecting any miracles just love pushing the limits on emulators.

And a bonus question, how to I get my shaders to “stick?” Once I find a shader I like I would like to keep it (and I can’t read the name of the shader either, it’s way to small)

dankcushions
    Participant

if you press select + Y (or X, not sure), you should get the retroarch menu. within that you can set a couple of options that increase the resolution of PSX games – they’re in the ‘core options’ menu, which is behind the ‘settings’ or ‘quick menu’ i think. they’re called ‘enhanced resolution’ or something like that.

i should say that i get performance/sound issues with these settings, but it seems to depend on the game.

Floob

If you check the videos in my sig you’ll find a PSX video with overlays and also a way to quickly apply new shaders and overlays to a setup. Also there are ones showing how to set the shader up so it sticks.

darkesco
    Participant

Thank you! I found that menu one time and wasn’t sure what it was. I’m new here so I don’t know how to mark this post solved :(

g0nz0uk
    Participant

Floob which video is that please, I’ve had a look and can only find https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7JtysTXaAU

Floob

You can see how to apply overlays or shaders in a few of the videos, some are

There are others on saving settings and shaders etc…

kaio
    Participant

Hi guys. Please help me with config.
    What config I must to edit to use this options for psx core?
    pcsx_rearmed_neon_enhancement_enable = “disabled|enabled”
    pcsx_rearmed_neon_enhancement_no_main = “disabled|enabled”

I want to see a most beautiful picture, like I see in android version.
    Thanks!

dankcushions
    Participant

/opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch-core-options.cfg

:)

kaio
    Participant

[quote=111314]/opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch-core-options.cfg

:)

[/quote]
    I tried to edit it, but never happened.
    I apply settings via GUI.
    How I can improve performance?
    Final Fantasy 7 work fine for me, but Chrono Cross have a lot of freezes in the beginning of the battle and in battle too.
    What I do wrong? Will I edit memory split for performance without overclocking?

dankcushions
    Participant

yeah if you use these settings your performance will be worse for some games. i have a pretty aggressive over clock and haven’t managed to get great performance with these settings.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Video Output on RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.