Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I searched on here but couldn’t seem to find anything. Each time I start the PSX emulator, I get a message “BIOS not found expect bugs”.

How do I fix this? Running Retropie 3.2.1, using the default emulator for PSX, I haven’t changed anything.

Thanks.

ronoh55
    Participant

PSX (along with GBA, Atari 2600, and other systems) emulators do not some with the system BIOS, which is essentially the firmware of the physical system. We can’t help you find the actual BIOS for legal reasons (but a google search will provide what you need).

The file name and where to put the BIOS once you’ve acquired it is in the wiki here (https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/Playstation-1)

That all being said. I’ve not yet come across a game that has major issues without the BIOS.(I’ve also not played a large number of games for ps1 without BIOS yet either fwiw)

goldglv
    Participant

Thank you…found the BIOS and loaded, no more error messages.

Is there a config file that points to which BIOS to use? I can’t seem to find anything, was wondering how Retropie knows to use that particular BIOS file.

But when trying to play any game with a .mdf file extension, system saying it’s unable to load that extension.

Looks like the .mdf are included for this emulator….anyone having issues running .mdf?

ronoh55
    Participant

I’ve not tried to run an .mdf. If the emulator says it will run it, you may just have to add it as an extension in the es_systems.cfg.

goldglv
    Participant

That I checked, already present in /etc/emulationstation/es_systems.cfg

freeman400ex
    Participant

You have to add .mds file (of the same name as .mdf file) to the rom folder. It won’t show up in your emulation station menu but will make your .mdf games work

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.