Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Good Morning All!

Who do I message to update the google doc of games working or not working?

labelwhore
    Participant

Have you got any to run at full speed? The few I’ve tried all ran like crap once I got into the actual gameplay. I have a Pi 2 and tried both the liberto version and the standalone version.

dcescott
    Participant

Full speed? Yes, it works fine for me. I’m running recommended default settings with heatsinks installed.

Who do I message to add the games to the list. I’m checking a few each week.

labelwhore
    Participant

[quote=113182]Full speed? Yes, it works fine for me. I’m running recommended default settings with heatsinks installed.

Who do I message to add the games to the list. I’m checking a few each week.

[/quote]
    Did you have to change any settings at all? I just installed the emulator from the setup script and tried a few roms, no customization.

if you changed any configs, could you share them here?

dcescott
    Participant

I updated to 3.3 last night which brought the ppsspp emulator out of experimental and tried out one rom. The file size is under 100mb if that makes a difference. I’m going to check out one that’s 250mb and one that’s 1.4G. I honestly think the size of the rom file might be the issue.

Truly it is ran through default settings with heatsinks installed so I didn’t customize anything. However, I will share my psp config settings tonight regardless if the 3.3 upgrade made a difference over the experimental installation.

Upgrade was performed with the binary (recommended) installation in the retropie menu.

labelwhore
    Participant

I think one of the roms I tried was Soulcaliber: Broken Destiny. The menu ran more or less perfectly, but as soon as I got into actual gameplay, it slowed way down and audio was extremely choppy.

I’m on raspbian Jessie with retropie 3.3.

dcescott
    Participant

This is my 2nd week using Retropie. Forgive my limited knowledge but I’m learning new info daily. I believe I have Wheezy hosting Retropie 3.3 This was the default from my original img burn 3.2.1.

EDIT: Soul Caliber sounds like a memory/CPU hog. Some of the car chasing ones like burnout don’t work right either according to the list and I would imagine they push the PSP limits.

labelwhore
    Participant

Where is the list you’re referring to? I’d like to use it to find some good roms to test out. I just randomly picked a few.

nvm, I found it on the wiki

herbfargus

Compatibility list is on the wiki page here:

https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/psp

And i set it up so it can be edited by anyone.

Which games are missing from the list?

dcescott
    Participant

Ah! I will go edit my entry in green. It’s a game on the list.

dcescott
    Participant

Herbfargus,

Simple question: Do PSX2PSP eBoots work in ppsspp? I seeing it does not by a google search, however the post was 2.5 years ago. Is that still the case?

labelwhore
    Participant

I tried out .hack/link last night and it worked perfectly. So as soon as I have some time, I’ll start contributing to the compatibility list as well.

labelwhore
    Participant

I haven’t been able to get any EBOOT games to work so far. I’ve tried about 4 so far. I always get a file corrupt message in PPSSPP. I’m gonna keep trying though.

This is what PPSSPP.org says, so maybe some will work:

If you have digital downloads on your PSP, they can be used directly on PPSSPP. Just copy the EBOOT.PBP over. Note that this has not been tested as much as ISO loading so there may still be issues with some games.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.