Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Inactive

Hello All,

After recently updating to Retropie v3 RC1 I am unable to setup my PS3 bluetooth controller in Mame4All because it is no longer recognized in the gui (pressing tab in game). The controller works fine after the update with RetroArch and FBA and did work prior to the latest update in Mame4All. Has anyone else had this problem or am I missing the obvious?

Thanks for any help,
    Ryan

knob
    Participant

I’m having the same issue and can’t figure out how to fix it.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I thought there might be a setting kind of like in AdvanceMame that blewis87 pointed out that required you to:

“Change device_joystick auto to device_joystick raw in the .rc config file.”

So far I can not seem to find any like switch for Mame4All though. Any one have any ideas?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I am also looking for a solution.

spawnsworth
    Participant

Hi guys. Similar problem to mine though it never worked in 2.6 either. Also see https://www.petrockblock.com/forums/topic/ps3-controller-in-mame4all-does-this-actually-work-please-help/

Surely someone out there knows the answer? I have scoured the internet and all I can see is a load of people asking the same question but now answer?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey, i was having a similar issue after updating my binaries yesterday. It seems the default emulator for mame4all changed from lr-mameforall to “mame4all”. I presume the libretto version has the patches to make the ps3 controller visible..

Either way, the fix for me was to launch a game from emulationstation.. hit a key on the keyboard whilst it is loading (when prompted) and you should get the blue configuration screen pop-up.

Choose “1 Select default emulator for mame-mame4all”
    then ensure “1 lr-imame4all” is selected.

This now works with my ps3 controller.. Though the downside is that this version has the nags and info screens enabled.

Hope this helps!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Spawnsworth,

I think that everything, or most, got sorted out in this post:

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.