Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello. I’ve tried to review multiple threads before posting but I cannot find a solution.

I have a brand new RPI2, RetroPie 3.0 install, everything configures fine, I can pair the PS3 controllers, however after reboot they no longer will pair with the device. I’ve tried shutting the device down and waiting, I’ve tried manually rebooting the SIXAD service, I’ve even tried the old manual process to pair the PS3 controllers, but no luck.

I have another RPI2 with RetroPie 3.0 RC1, using the old PS3 pairing method (fails in GUI, go to command line and run commands, pairs fine even after reboot), but the new method fails. As far as I can see multiple people on YouTube have the same issue for Floobs video, however the standard ‘reboot your device’ reply is given and it definitely does not work.

If I re-run the PS3 config, I have to remove the configuration, then Install/Pair PS3 again, and then it works properly until reboot, then fails to work/pair again.

Anyone have any advice? Getting pretty frustrated since my other RPI2 w/ RetroPie 3.0 RC1 works flawlessly.

j0nsretropie
    Participant

Also I will note that both RPI2’s are identical, exact same kit, exact same wireless dongle, exact same Bluetooth dongle (ORICO® USB Bluetooth 4.0, which is on the confirmed RPI2 compatibility list).

All works 100% fine on my 3 month old RPI2 box, but not this one (I imagine due to the new PS3 controller setup…).

j0nsretropie
    Participant

Another update, if I reboot the device with the PS3 controllers connected, Emulationstation will boot and show 2 controllers. I then disconnect both, one will connect via bluetooth the other will fail.

However if I go into RetroPie setup, remove PS3 controller configurations, then Install/Pair PS3 controllers, they work just fine until reboot, then everything fails again.

quackwalks
    Participant

I’m having the exact same problem. RPI2 3.0 Image. I can pair 2 ps3 controllers using one “plugable” brand bluetooth adapter through the setup, but only until I shutdown. After boot up I’m only able to pair one of the two with the button press, while the other will blink all four lights. I have a backup image if I need to restart from before I began trying to install and pair PS3 controllers.

quackwalks
    Participant

Welp, It seems to be working without any tinkering except for this. Try pressing both PS buttons on each controller at the same time and try doing it early in the boot up sequence.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.