Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello,
    I changed from 3.0 to 3.1 yesterday
    Some info first:
    Pi Model: B
    RetroPie Version Used: 3.1
    Built From: SD Image
    USB Devices connected: 32gb pendrive with mame roms
    Controller used: keyboard for now

Problems:
    – using the same MAME files that i used with 3.0, in 3.1 some games dont run at all
    – using same MAME files that i used with 3.0, in 3.1 and in some games no key works… nothing.. only exit (select+start)

Anyone having this problems??… should i just back to 3.0 ???

Thanks

lamaman1971
    Participant

Which version of Mame? I cant get Mame4all working at all – games appear to load but then it bins me out to the menu again. Worked better in 3.0 for me too. AdvanceMame seems to be ok – lr-mame works but stretches the screen wide (havent had time to sort that out yet).

Floob

Please check this Wiki post to make sure you have the correct romset for the correct arcade emulator first:

https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/Managing-ROMs

If you still have issues please confirm which emulator you are using. Also to keep things simple until it works, maybe try putting a few roms on the SD card rather than running them from a USB stick.

sotein
    Participant

Floob, i have 0.37b5 romset, maybe not complete but i have run the whole clrmamepro process… and this is for mame4all emulator… even though… roms are not working
    They work with lr-imame4all but with problems… and not all the roms

i will download a full romset again today and try again with clrmamepro.

i just dont get why all this roms work flawlessly in windows… but no with retropie… thats weird..

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘New to RetroPie? Start Here!’ is closed to new topics and replies.