Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I am using a USB stick to copy games. I plugged in the USB stick into the Raspberry PI to get the directory structure. I copied a few SNES, Mega Drive games. However when I plug it in back to my raspberry the only games that show up in emulation station are the ones from sega genesis. any reason for that? i tried multiple times, reformatting the SD card and using different usb sticks. always the same issue.

sselph
    Participant

What is the file extension of the snes roms? The megadrive emulator supports .zip but snes emulator doesn’t so if that is the case you may need to unzip them.

georgecmx
    Participant

ok that might be the problem, thank you i will try it:) what about other consoles? which do support zip and which don’t?

proxycell
    Participant

PiFBA will do zip as will the Sega CD… though I think there are RAM issues with Sega CD games being so big, unzipping them into memory will likely fail for most games unless you have a lot of RAM for them, which you likely won’t since you likely have the 256/256 split

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.