Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello everyone!
    I have spent well over 2 weeks trying to get my Retropie to work as well as over 50 dollars in parts I did not need, I am need of serious serious help…

I followed everything on this guide
    http://supernintendopi.wordpress.com/

Everything works! My roms , the setup, everything except my controller..I am using a ps3 controller with blue tooth..it connects everything works except when i play roms..the D pad will not work..only the buttons and for some reason they work as the D pad as well…

I have been working day in and day out on this stupid #$@# thing..I have read countless forums on configuring a ps3 controller none of them help or fix my problem..I dont even have a retroarch.cfg file..everyone esle does but it never works to create one..just please..any help I am literally about to flush the 120 i spent on everything to just throw it away

Anonymous
    Inactive

If I remember correctly retroarch.cfg has moved since that guide was written. It is now located in /RetroPie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg

I use SNES USB controllers. You can get one for less than $10 on amazon. That will save some of your investment. Anyway, if you find the retroarch.cfg file and use the USB SNES controller you can paste the code below into the file and will work very well. It even gets you save states and emulator exit ability.

input_player1_joypad_index = 0
    input_player1_b_btn = 2
    input_player1_a_btn = 1
    input_player1_y_btn = 3
    input_player1_x_btn = 0
    input_player1_l_btn = 4
    input_player1_r_btn = 5
    input_player1_start_btn = 9
    input_player1_select_btn = 8
    input_player1_l_y_plus = -1
    input_player1_up_axis = -1
    input_player1_l_y_minus = +1
    input_player1_down_axis = +1
    input_player1_l_x_minus = -0
    input_player1_left_axis = -0
    input_player1_l_x_plus = +0
    input_player1_right_axis = +0
    input_enable_hotkey_btn = 8
    input_exit_emulator_btn = 9
    input_save_state_btn = 4
    input_load_state_btn = 5
    input_player2_joypad_index = 1
    input_player2_b_btn = 2
    input_player2_a_btn = 1
    input_player2_y_btn = 3
    input_player2_x_btn = 0
    input_player2_l_btn = 4
    input_player2_r_btn = 5
    input_player2_start_btn = 9
    input_player2_select_btn = 8
    input_player2_l_y_plus = -1
    input_player2_up_axis = -1
    input_player2_l_y_minus = +1
    input_player2_down_axis = +1
    input_player2_l_x_minus = -0
    input_player2_left_axis = -0
    input_player2_l_x_plus = +0
    input_player2_right_axis = +0
    input_exit_emulator_btn = 9
    input_save_state_btn = 4
    input_load_state_btn = 5

koonu91
    Participant

Thank you for you reply however I will try to do everything to get the ps3 to work since i bought it , the dongle and the powered usb hub to use.

I do not have that Retroarch file anywhere in any folder..maybe since i as following a old guide I did something wrong..Do you happen to have a updated 2.3V guide ? I think i will just reformat the sd card and start fresh cause something must be wrong

Anonymous
    Inactive

https://www.petrockblock.com/forums/topic/updated-for-2-2-step-by-step-guide/ This one will work for 2.3 but does not mention ps3 controller config. I don’t have a ps3 controller so I can’t point you to a good guide for that. But maybe this will get you where you need to be to try what you have found for os3 controllers.

koonu91
    Participant

Well thank you again for you help, once i am home I will check this guide out and see if i will be able to get it up and running thank you again for helping

koonu91
    Participant

Alright well I was finally able to get everything working!…Except the damn GBA emulator…any chance anyone knows how to do this ??

I downloaded the Bios from Emupardise..I used winscp and put it in the same file as the gpSp but its still not working…

Luke
    Participant

Are you having trouble getting the actual gpSP emulator to work, or just the controller setup for it?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.