Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Inactive

Hi.

I installed a fresh RetroPie 2.6 vRPI2 image on my SD-card today, and did the usual raspi-config things such as expanding the filesystem, splitting memory, and so forth… and the retroarch joyconfig to get my gamepad working in the emulators per se.

All good.

However when I checked the RetroPie-Setup menu, and performed “UPDATE RetroPie Setup Script“, I saw there were new emulators to pick from “5. Install individual emulators from binary or source” – most of them beginning with “lr..”

For example I downloaded the binary installation “lr-pcsx-rearmed” (Description: “Playstation emulator – PCSX (arm optimised) port for libretro” – but I can’t get it to work!

The original PSX emulator that came with the default 2.6 image looked like this in /etc/emulationstation/es_systems.cfg

es_systems.cfg

<system>
        <fullname>Sony Playstation 1</fullname>
        <name>psx</name>
        <path>~/RetroPie/roms/psx</path>
        <extension>.bin .BIN .cue .CUE .cbn .CBN .img .IMG .mdf .MDF .pbp .PBP .toc .TOC .z .Z .znx .ZNX</extension>
        <command>/opt/retropie/supplementary/runcommand/runcommand.sh 2 "/opt/retropie/emulators/retroarch/bin/retroarch -L /opt/retropie/libretrocores/psxlibretro/libretro.so --config /opt/retropie/configs$
        <platform>psx</platform>
        <theme>psx</theme>
      </system>

After installing the lr-pcsx-rearmed emulator, it looked like this:

<system>
        <fullname>PlayStation</fullname>
        <name>psx</name>
        <path>~/RetroPie/roms/psx</path>
        <extension>.bin .cue .cbn .img .iso .m3u .mdf .pbp .toc .z .znx .BIN .CUE .CBN .IMG .ISO .M3U .MDF .PBP .TOC .Z .ZNX</extension>
        <command>/opt/retropie/supplementary/runcommand/runcommand.sh 0 _SYS_ psx %ROM%</command>
        <platform>psx</platform>
        <theme>psx</theme>
      </system>

Something that caught my attention was that “Sony Playstation 1” – became, just – “Playstation” in the description (es_systems.cfg)

The whole runcommand.sh 2 “/opt/retropie/emulators/retroarch/bin/retroarch -L /opt/retropie/libretrocores/psxlibretro/libretro.so (and so forth)…. became, just – ” _SYS_ “…. no referance to any emulator, nothing.

I downloaded other “optimised/enhanced” emulators as well such as lr-nestopia (nes), lr-fceu and so forth.

Anyway:

The newly installed emulators don’t work, the roms won’t start and message
    /opt/retropie/supplementary/runcommand/runcommand.sh line 203 SYS command not found
    – is showed just before I get bounced right back to Emulationstation. :(

What is this?
    How do I correct the es_systems.cfg file to point out where the new emulators are?
    (I.e, how do I switch between the different emulators?)

Help!

This is the 4th, or 5th time… or 6th(?)… I’m installing RetroPie, configuring my controls and transfering the roms.

All the tiiiime and frustration it takes for me is turning my ass inside out, turning my head boogie woogie and turning my hair white… they’re gonna need ushers to carry me to bed soon because my knees are shaking so bad, I’m already feeling the skin on the back of my balls crawling tighter each time I click “Write image to SD-card” for the fiftyeleventh time jeez!

Many thanks in advance.

/Alucard the Swede, hence my poor English grammatics.

Floob

Well, my 2p on this is, especially for beginners, is dont try to update from 2.6 to a newer version, as the paths and some key files differ dramatically.
    I would be tempted to use 3 beta 4, then for a start you will find that lr-pcsx-rearmed is already installed (I dont remember if it is or not on 2.6)

When you download and use an image, all the emulators will be already installed and ready to use (except for the experimental ones).

Here is a vid:

Try writing 3 beta 4 to your card, then dont update the binaries or script, as there shouldnt really be a need unless you want to get an update to something thats fixed since late June. Plus if you are on a specific version like 3 beta 4, its easier to get support as everyone will know exactly what your setup is.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks Floob! :D

I did nothing.. “out of the ordinary”… but followed your advice and your Youtube-guide to setup a fresh Retropie vRPI2 3 beta 4 image + Your video posted above + Your video guide how to setup Xbox 360 controllers + the “tweak” in this link:

Removing “phantom” Xbox 360 controllers

And now everything works flawlessly in NES, SNES, PSX, Megadrive, GBA Advance – save/load/exit emulator/2-player mode/etc.. :)

(I did not touch a single thing in Retropie-Setup – just “Setup Retroarch controller” and “Install Xbox 360 Controller drivers”)

And as you said: lr-fceumm (nes) lr-pcsx-rearmed (psx), lr-snes9x-next (snes) and all the emulators of my personal flavour came preinstalled with the 3.0 beta 4 image :)

Again, many thanks Floob – next project is to watch your Yuotube guide about Nintendo 64 setup.

/Alacard the harmonic retroplayer.

Floob

Thats great news.
    If you want to switch between emulators for a given system, press x as the game starts to get to the emulator selection screen.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.