Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I am reposting my Reddit post in hopes of someone having any suggestions here.

I’m having difficulty getting a lot of the popular Capcom arcade games to work with Final Burn Alpha. PiFBA shows the loading screen but then turns black and I have to quit to the menu. The other ones automatically go back to the menu. I am using a romset that matches the one that is compatible with PiFBA. Also, the games I am trying to play have been certified “OK” in the compatibility list. I don’t know why mine aren’t booting.

Here are some games that work:

Cyberbots: Fullmetal Madness
    Marvel Vs. Capcom: Clash of Super Heroes
    Mega Man 1 + 2
    Street Fighter II Champion Edition

Here are some that aren’t booting. I’ve tried several different regions and I’ve downloaded the right version from different sources:

The Punisher
    Street Fighter II: The World Warrior
    Street Fighter Alpha 1+2
    Street Fighter Zero 1+2
    Super Street Fighter II Hyper Fighting
    X-Men Vs. Street Fighter
    X-Men: Children of the Atom

I’ve also tried lr-fba-next but it automatically quits, even when using the right romset.

Does anyone have any suggestions? It seems like everyone loves PiFBA and they do say that they work fine in the list so I must be doing something wrong. I’m putting the .zip files in the FBA folder. My Pi2B is overclocked to the Pi2 setting. I am using the latest update of Retropie. This seems to be limited to Capcom as games from other companies work fine.

Floob
    itsgoodtobefree
    Participant

Yup. The place I downloaded it from said it was made for PiFBA, matching the correct romset version and all. Lots of others seemed to get them working there.

labelwhore
    Participant

[quote=115521]Yup. The place I downloaded it from said it was made specifically for PiFBA, matching the correct romset version and all. Lots of others seemed to get them working there.

[/quote]Don’t trust where you downloaded them from. If you haven’t run them through clrmame, you should do so.

itsgoodtobefree
    Participant

I ran the files through clrmamepro using the PiFBA .dat file on the wiki, but they still would not boot correctly.

However, it is only certain Capcom games so I can live with not having them on there. Especially since other versions are available for MAME4ALL and other emulators. All of my Neo-Geo games (minus Metal Slug 3 for some reason) work wonderfully. I’m happy with that.

dankcushions
    Participant

I’ve also tried lr-fba-next but it automatically quits, even when using the right romset.

Does anyone have any suggestions? It seems like everyone loves PiFBA and they do say that they work fine in the list so I must be doing something wrong. I’m putting the .zip files in the FBA folder. My Pi2B is overclocked to the Pi2 setting. I am using the latest update of Retropie. This seems to be limited to Capcom as games from other companies work fine.

first things that spring to mind:
    – Pi2 overclock setting is incredibly aggressive in terms of SDRAM speed. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s causing issues. there’s issues logged against this but the raspi-config project seems dead.
    – i use fba-next fine. you must be using the wrong romset or some other issue.
    – i personally run all those games fine in lr-mame2003 (needs a different romset, of course), so i can’t confirm if they work in pifba, but at least some of them are confirmed as ok on https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OZioLrz16ptaNbjQUDP5hhVzQDTOTn9Nz46Hbj3-06k/edit#gid=906957951

labelwhore
    Participant

You’ll get the most games to run in lr-mame2003. The other MAME emulators aren’t even close. I’ve tried rom sets for all of them to be sure.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.