Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

The question I have:

With the Pi2 I have my wireless controllers setup and working but I want to setup some buttons for mame (player 1 and 2, Coin, pause, etc) and still use the wireless controller for mame.

Will the control block and the wireless controllers play nice or will there be conflict?

petrockblog
    Keymaster

The ControlBLock should not interfere with the wireless controllers. The ControlBlock driver installs two additional ControlBlock gamepads in the operating system. These gamepads appear besides any other gamepad in the operating system. However, I have no real possibility to test this.

kmhamel
    Participant

Ok so even if I go with the mame keyboard setting the control block will still take up two of the js (js0 and js1) slots. It won’t be mounted as a keyboard.

petrockblog
    Keymaster

Ah, got your point. If you take the MAME keyboard setting for the ControlBoard, the CB will be mounted as keyboard and will not take up js0 and js1:

Gamepadtype set to arcade or snes map to game pads and take up js0/1. Gamepadtype set to MAME maps to a keyboard and does not take up js0/1.

kmhamel
    Participant

Sound like just what I need. Thank You,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘GPIO Adapter, ControlBlock etc.’ is closed to new topics and replies.