Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I’m using Retropie (v3.3 I think) and it seems to have a problem loading custom config files. My understanding is that you can use these to pass in some specific settings that you want to override your usual settings within the normal retroarch.cfg. For example, I have a config file in my roms directory called donpachi.zip.cfg, which contains a custom overlay and resolution setting:

input_overlay = "/opt/retropie/emulators/retroarch/overlays/custom/scanlines720x1280-3x.cfg"
    custom_viewport_width = "720"
    custom_viewport_height = "960"

I don’t think there’s any issues with the cfg itself as these lines work fine when I add them to my main retroarch.cfg (in place of the usual settings) for this core (lr-fba), but I only want them used for THIS game.

in /tmp/runcommand.log. my config doesn’t get loaded, and I get this error in there:

RetroArch [ERROR] :: config_load_file :: Failed to append config "/tmp/retroarch.cfg,/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/fba/donpachi.zip.cfg"
    What does this mean? FYI the /tmp/retroarch.cfg file appears to generated whenever you launch something, to pass in some default values (not sure why). could these be conflicting? if i delete it it just comes back!

video_refresh_rate = 60
    video_fullscreen_x = 0
    video_fullscreen_y = 0

I had problems before when I was trying to get megadrive multitaps to work – I don’t think my custom configs have ever loaded successfully. has anyone got it to work? if so, could you post your opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg? or anything else you think might be useful? I’m not sure how retropie builds up its command line when launching a rom + emulator.

Floob

I *think* this is a path issue in the retroarch loading function in the runcommand.sh script.
    I have logged it here:
    https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/issues/899

I’ll see what the devs say.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.