Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Not sure if this is the right section of the forum for this so please move if need be.

I’m using Glide for Ocarina of Time as I feel it gives the best overall performance. There is a bug/glitch/whatever you want to call it on all 3 graphics plugins that causes a several second delay when entering the pause menu. This was apparently fixed in Glide and tested with mupen64plus back in April of 2015 as indicated here, but the problem still seems to exist. Anyone know how to get this fixed on the pi? The issue doesn’t exist in Majora’s Mask but I’m unsure if it was there to begin with.

gizmo98
    Participant

I fear this only works if fb emulation is enabled. Fb emulation does only work if graphics driver supports depth texture attachments or GLES3.

mikeveli20
    Participant

Is there any development happening to get these drivers on the Pi or is it something that can’t happen?

dankcushions
    Participant

there’s an open source graphics driver headed to the pi in march 2016 (hopefully) which supports opengl 2.1. not sure if that will help…

gizmo98
    Participant

Our current PIs use a fixed graphics firmware which has buildin gles supports. This firmware didn’t change since decades (rpi1 release time) ;-).

As dankcushions said there is a open source driver headed up. I don’t know if it has more features or is faster.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.