Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Okay I know these have probably already been asked multiple times but I can’t seem to find anything. I got my raspberry Pi a couple weeks back everything is set up the way I want bar 2-3 things that are annoying me. Mainly:

1. Is it safe to turn off front the PowerPoint when you’ve performed a shutdown from emulation station or do I need to do the whole “Sudo shutdown -h” thing every time? I don’t want to add/solder anything to the Pi I’m to scared with stuff like that. I bought an after market power supply with a switch on the USB cable not sure that’s any safer?

2. I’ve been trying to delete games via the winscp app, it’s killing me cause some games work and some games give me an “error 3” something or other message every time and I don’t know why.

3. What’s the best way to scrape games the built in one gave me way too many problems.

Thanks in advance and sorry for the n00by questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dankcushions
    Participant

1) i’m not sure i understand. if you choose ‘shutdown’ from the emulationstation menu the system should shutdown completely. there shouldn’t be a terminal or anything to input anything into. after that you can turn off your pi from the mains, but if you’ve got a command prompt visible then that’s different!

2) you can delete games from within emulation station itself. does that work?

3) https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/Scraper

misticknight
    Participant

Thanks heaps :) yes you understood my first question and that answers it, ive been doing it safe this whole time that means. as for deleting through emulation station how do i do that i havent found an option? I clicked file manager but it gave me some sort of weird folders that didnt mean much to me? what am i missing?

dankcushions
    Participant

highlight the game in question in emulationstation (the menu thing):
    press select > edit this game’s metadata > option to delete it at the bottom

:)

misticknight
    Participant

lmao thanks man, i saw metadata and i assumed it was only if i scraped a game and wanted to remove the info. i dont think the option to delete a game should be in there. i have one more question this is something that happened just now, i went into RPiConfig and my controller, im assuming cause its connected by bluetooth couldnt be used in that menu anymore so i tried start/select to see if itll get me back in the main menu, but it instead selected the first option which was “Binary install” or “binary update” or something. anyways it seemed to be reinstalling everything and i panicked and turned it off and on from the wall. Since then ive gotten a rainbow square icon on the top right corner of the screen which ive googled and it seems its an under-voltage issue, probably due to my power adable with the on/off switch on the usb cable. However it 100% wasn’t there before i done the binary install thing accidentally. Should i just replace the PSU with the official RPi one or do you think ive done some damage by turning it off midway through the binary install and should reflash my card? sorry for the essay lol.

dankcushions
    Participant

i don’t know.. i;ve not heard of SD card corruption causing the power icon thing to appear. you should have a 2A power supply for a pi2, 2.5A for a pi3 (although I have a 2A with mine), so you might want to make sure your power supply is ok but if not, yeah maybe reflash it…

misticknight
    Participant

Yer it’s 2.1A apparantly but it’s some 3rd party one from eBay. Might just put my original back on. I did reflash though and haven’t had the problem since

misticknight
    Participant

Spoke too soon, I just tried street fighter iii on FBa (using libretro fba next) one of the main reasons I bought the Pi tbh. Was working fine before that rainbow icon thing, now even though it’s not doing that anymore since reflashing it’s running slow. Could I have done some damage to the internals?

dankcushions
    Participant

i would think the internals are either going to work or not. this is a reflash with no changes? if it is, i don’t really know, sorry. it works for me out of the box with lr-fba-next.

misticknight
    Participant

All good, thanks for the help anyways. Idk what I’ve done to it man but it’s annoying me. Might just leave it for SNES emulation now.

meneerjansen
    Participant

If I were you I’d spend my time and energy on finding a good power supply first. Very strange inexplicable things happen on an under-powered Pi. I have some adapters that say “2 Ampère” but they don’t work w/ the Pi. Those USB power adapters are pretty cheap on DealExtreme etc. Buy another.

Succes. :)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘New to RetroPie? Start Here!’ is closed to new topics and replies.