Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi, I’m trying to install RetroPie on my Raspberry Pi B. I’m using a 4gb SDHC card. My controller is a NES/USB one from Amazon (forget the brand). I followed the intructions here:

http://emulationstation.org/gettingstarted.html#install_rpi_retropie

I’m having trouble in between the “sudo reboot” and “After that, all you need to do is add ROMs, either over SSH or a USB stick. See the RetroPie Wiki for more details” steps..

On reboot, I’m back in Emulation Station. I select RetroPie. I’m greeted with a huge menu of lots of ways I can reconfigure it. I don’t see an option here for actually launching it. I tried the first option, it launches a configuration tool. I see more options for upgrading, recompiling, apt-get updating, and so forth. No way to launch. I get back into EmulationStation and poke around some more and give up. So here I am.

How do I actually launch RetroPie? What am I missing?

muffy
    Participant

Just copy the image with “Win32 Disk Imager” to your sd card . It’s so much faster and easier!

https://www.petrockblock.com/retropie/retropie-downloads/

kem327
    Participant

Sorry, I guess I wasn’t clear– that’s exactly what I did. I downloaded image retropie-v3.0rc1-rpi1.img and used win 32 disk imager to write it. It boots great. I get into EmulationStation, then am unable to launch RetroPie. I’m able to configure the hell out of it, as I have a full menu full of options.

Only thing I can think of is that maybe my problem is my 2 button controller? Maybe when I hit “A” I’m selecting “config” and really I need to hit “X” to launch only I don’t have an “X”? I’m grasping at straws here but having trouble thinking of another reason why I’m unable to even launch the app when I’m using the official image.

kem327
    Participant

My hypothesis was wrong.

I got another controller, and copied ROMs into the appropriate directory. When I try to access RetroPie from the EmulationStation menu, I still just get a menu on how I can configure everything. No clue how you actually play a game. Seems like I’m doing something wrong.. it can’t be this hard to use right?

herbfargus

If you are trying to play a game, each emulator will show up as its own page in emulation station with the list of games you added. The retropie menu is just for configurations.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sounds like you actually haven’t put any games onto it as herbfargus said. Emulators only show up when there are games there.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.