Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Inactive

Hello,

So after the recent install all looked well until I booted up some games. In both case i get a lot of static/noise over the 3,5mm jack. I have not been able to test the sound over HDMI yet.

My setup is as following, I have a HDMI cable going to a monitor, then I use normal 3.5mm jack IN EARS from So**,

In both NES and SNES games I seem to get a lot of this static/noise.

All my settings are stock and there hasnt been any overclocking. I did set my SOUND priority to 3.5mm jack in the SETUP.

Thanks in advance,

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have a jack into a speaker using hdmi->dvi cable and have the same symptoms on at least mame and n64. Haven’t investigated further.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Tested on a tv with sound through HDMI, and its fine.

So problem only exists with sounds over 3.5mm jack

herbfargus

I can confirm the same issue with the 3.5 mm jack. It isn’t as bad on my old tube televisions but it is more pronounced on my newer LED television (especially when routed through an optical cable to my soundbar)

As mentioned by others this is most likely a Raspberry Pi hardware issue rather than specific to the RetroPie project.

As for me, I’ll be sticking with HDMI.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.