Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi,

I have a Rpi2 and set up and installed retro pie, added some roms and got my joypad set up. I have no sound though. I also have no sound in the menus on emulation station and looking around on the net, it seems there should be sound here too. I’ve changed the options in the menus to have the sound via HDMI but still nothing.

Any suggestions? I’ve not used a raspberry before so I’m not clued up to how stuff works yet.

Thanks a lot! :)

herbfargus

The default emulationstation theme has no sound.

tiger-kai
    Participant

Ok thanks, and how would I enable sound in both emulation station and the emulators?

herbfargus

Well the emulationstation theme needs .wave files added in order for it to have sound but it would be easier for you to just download another theme with it already in the setup script. But if sound isn’t working on anything then you should probably address that first before you worry about theming. What are the details of your setup? And what have you tried so far to get sound to work?

tiger-kai
    Participant

I don’t mind not having sound in the menus. I just want it when I load up a rom. All I have tried is going into the audio options and setting the sound to hdmi. I have no experience of raspberry pis so I don’t know what else to do. I have a raspberry pi2 hooked up to an LG television using a hdmi cable.

herbfargus
    tiger-kai
    Participant

ok thanks! I’ll try that when I get a chance and update :)

tiger-kai
    Participant

Sorry for the long delay (no free time). That worked perfectly! Thanks so much! :)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘New to RetroPie? Start Here!’ is closed to new topics and replies.