Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi, I’m a noob, and I downloaded a 0.37b5 romset (called MAME 4 Droid 0.375b ROMs), followed the Managing ROMS guide, copied the roms created by CLRMAMEPRO to the Mame4all roms folder, restarted, and still the roms fail booting. Installed Retropie from binaries July 27, on a Pi 2.

I would have thought that I could have figured this out on my own. I’ve modded my Wii, Xbox, set up an HTPC, but this rom business is way more confusing than I would have expected. I followed the guide to the letter, but have little understanding of what’s going on, hence my lack of debugging options when things go wrong. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

herbfargus
    dankcushions
    Participant

I’ve used CLRMAMEPRO more than is healthy :) it is definitely over complicated for what we need it for, but it does a lot that we don’t!

that said, if you’ve got 0.37b5 romset, you shouldn’t need to use clrmamepro to rebuild it. you should be ok to just dump that entire set into your roms/mame-mame4all directory, and everything should work.

when you say they ‘fail booting’ – what happens? if it’s just a blank screen, you can usually get an error message by looking in /tmp/runcommand.log – this stores the output of the last attempted load. if you paste that error here it might shed some light.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘New to RetroPie? Start Here!’ is closed to new topics and replies.