Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi guys,

I’ve got a new Raspberry Pi 2, with RetroPie 3.0 beta from SD card image, and all of the emulators and roms that I’ve tested just worked beautifully, except one: Nintendo 64 games. They are unplayable: very slow and the sound keep stuttering like crazy. I’ve been seeing at the internet people performing n64 games on RPi’s 2 perfectly, so I know it’s possible.

I set the overclocking to “Pi2”, and tried to change the video settings but I didn’t see any difference.

What could I’ve been doing wrong?

Thanks in advance :)

gutossn
    Participant

I’m using Mupen64Plus and works fine! Super Mario 64, Mario Kart 64, Diddy Kong Racing and Banjo Kazooie works great! USA version must be used. The power supply gives 5v and 2a?

Raspberry Pi2 and Retropie 2.6.

sofia
    Participant

Yeah, the power is all right.. I guess I’m using Mupen64 instead of Mupen64plus, it didn’t come pre-installed on my RetroPie.
    Do you know how could I change that?

herbfargus

Press x or m as the ROM loads and you can change the default emulator. Or in the experimental menu from the retropie setup script you can install mupen64plus testing which seems to have better configs for running games but it will still be hit and miss.

sofia
    Participant

Yes, was an emulator problem! I’ve tested each one until I found one that works (Mupen64plus) ^^
    Now I just have to configure the controller all over again hahah

Thank you so much! :D

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘New to RetroPie? Start Here!’ is closed to new topics and replies.