Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I am thinking about purchasing the raspberry pi and using it for a gaming system. I know it will require keyboard and mouse etc to get it up and running. But once i get all the games loaded and the software and everything working my end goal is to have this on a TV where it will only have access to a game controller. No mouse or no keyboard. Just like a game only system. Is this something that is possible to do with retro pi? If needed can the controller be used to control the mouse to launch applications or can everything just automatically start at boot? Is this even possible to do??

Thanks!

Anonymous
    Inactive

From what I have heard, yes. You need to just calibrate the controllers correctly. I would probably bring like a mouse and keyboard for just in case use. As soon as you get that all done, you should be able to play just with controller. It saves all your inputs VIA notepad so you don’t have to keep calibrating.

phelix
    Participant

If needed could I use the controller as a mouse if i had to manually run a program? Once I get this up and running a keyboard and mouse will not be an option for this. So just curious if this setup will be able to work properly once I get it setup and configured properly.

karloss
    Participant

Yes it can…there are some crevats…like quitting n64…but yeah, that’s the idea…just have a USB WiFi mini keyboard/mouse at hand in case u need..

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.