Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I configure the Retropie to the best of my abilities and then the following notices came up at the end of my configuration; the screen shot info is typed below.

– You need to copy the Atari 800/5200 BIOS files (5200.ROM, ATARIBAS.ROM, ATARIOSB.ROM and ATARIXL.ROM) to the folder /home/pi/RetroPie/BIOS and then on first launch configure it to scan that folder for roms (F1 – Emulator Configuration – System Rom Settings)

And then the second screen said
    – For emulator gngeopi you need to copy the NEoGeo BIOS (neogeo.zip) files to the rom folder ‘/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/neogeo’

Also some of what was written above appeared for the other game unit emulators as well.

So basically I do not know where to copy the BIOS files to the folder marked “/home/pi/RetroPie/BIOS”. I pressed F4 and entered it into Terminal and nothing happened except for an error message. I know I’m in over my head with this but I just couldn’t find any info. online about this as I’m sure most people are passed this stage.

herbfargus

The wiki is a useful resource.

This page will tell you everything you need to know as far as it pertains to copying files over, the pages on the sidebar give specifics on each system

https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/First-Installation

nothing-safe
    Participant

I appreciate the help but I just don’t know where to enter “/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/atari800”

I read the link and its just that as a first time computer programer I don’t know where to go to configure it manually.

herbfargus

Which part of this did you get lost at?

https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/First-Installation#samba-shares-needs-an-active-internet-connection

Do you have the bios files ready to transfer over to your raspberry pi?

Also did you see this page for the Atari 800?

https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/Atari-800-and-5200

Which systems are you trying to play?

nothing-safe
    Participant

I did see both of the pages that you listed, unfortunately for me I do not know where the BIOS files are, my plan was to enter them in manually.

The system(s) I’m trying to play is the any of the ones that come with the retropie before I upload any more ROMS (which didn’t work when I tried because of the BIOS issue).

I tried going into Raspi Config and doing the BIOS binaries installation over again and it came up with the message at the end that I originally posted.

herbfargus

Perhaps you are misunderstanding what bios files are. Bios files are sometimes needed for certain consoles to run- as a firmware if you will. They fall in the same legal territory as roms so you’re on your own in finding them.

Then after you’ve acquired them from some googling you can transfer them over to your bios folder as described in the above links.

nothing-safe
    Participant

I was unaware of this portion of the process. Thank you very much.

herbfargus

I’ll update the wiki so its a little more clear for people in the future.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘New to RetroPie? Start Here!’ is closed to new topics and replies.