Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello everyone, I am new to all of this and am in need of some help getting pointed in the right direction. Currently I have a raspberry pi b+, and 32GB microsd card with retropi image applied to it using win32 disk imager. Everything boots up fine, and I am able to connect to the raspberry pi using winscp to copy over roms.

The issue begins with trying to get my usb controller to work with the system. I have the controller connected on boot up, and emulationstation detects the controller to allow me to configure buttons to navigate the menus. The issue is playing games with the controller,it just doesn’t work.

I try to run the following commands (found online) but the emulators/retroarch directory does not even exist.
    cd RetroPie/emulators/RetroArch/installdir/bin ./retroarch-joyconfig >> ~/RetroPie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg

I browsed around with winscp and couldn’t even find something close to that name.
    Any help getting pointed in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

leyasu
    Participant

Hi!
    (The normal way)
    You have to open the command line (F4) and type:
    cd RetroPie-Setup
    sudo ./retropie_setup.sh
    Then, you elect “Setup” and then select “Register RetroArch Controller” and follow the steps. Finally you go back and select “Perform REBOOT”.
    I hope you find it useful
    If doesnt works, I can give you my config file (I use a GENERIC USB controller)
    (Sorry , my English is bad)

imnotorginal
    Participant

Thank you for your help. This is exactly what I needed. Everything worked perfectly after this.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.