Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi, I’m trying to change the screen resolution of the NES emulator. Basically, I’d like to stop it from being 16:9 and be 4:3.

How do I go about doing this? The retroarch.cfg file in /opt/retropie/configs/nes is empty save for a few lines about shaders, FWIW.

monstrx
    Participant

Hi mate.
    I believe this is what you’re looking for.

Cheers

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

cacophony555
    Participant

If you didn’t mess with resolution/aspect ratio settings before then I would try switching the aspect ratio of your TV. It’s possible you have it on some sort of stretch mode.

The reason I say this is because the 2.6 image by default displayed the retroarch NES emulators at a 4:3 ratio on my 16:9 TV. It looks great and I didn’t have to change a thing. When you start messing with the aspect ratio correction in retroarch the output image gets fuzzier in my experience.

vincegun
    Participant

Well, my RPi B+ is hooked to my computer’s lcd via DVI. If I start a snes game via pisnes, the game doesn’t take up the full screen. There are black bars at either size and the game is at the correct size.

However, nes games take up the full screen. It doesn’t look horrible, but I prefer to view it the way it was originally intended. Sorry, I’m just a little picky in that regard.

I tried what the 4th comment on https://www.petrockblock.com/forums/topic/force-43-screen/ said about runcommand.sh, but it didn’t seem to work.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.