Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hey guys awhile back I bought a USB NES controller (http://www.amazon.com/Classic-USB-NES-Controller-PC/dp/B002YVD3KM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1388455255&sr=8-1&keywords=nes+usb+controller) and basically I want to play my NES games with it but when I go to setup the gamepad it wont let me save the settings cause I cant map enough buttons (its lacking like 4 buttons) is there anyway to force it to use the controller even though all the buttons wont work on all games?

also is there anyway to use a second keyboard so me and my dad can play?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi @rogueapache, you will probably want to plug in a USB keyboard to do some setup on the backend. Do you currently network into your RPi to load roms, or do you use the USB stick method?

If you are able to network into your Pi, you can go into the folder called “configs” and set up both gamepads. You just delete or # out the buttons that you don’t have.

supersirlink
    Participant

Did you try just holding done the button you assigned first to “enter”? If you hold the button down, it should skip the input being prompted…

rogueapache
    Participant

All I had to do was only set it up for retroarch the other emulators seemed to be the cause of the problem

moorens
    Participant

In case anyone needs it here is the config file for a USB NES controller with exit emulator and save load state.

input_player1_joypad_index = 0
    input_player1_b_btn = 2
    input_player1_a_btn = 1
    input_player1_start_btn = 9
    input_player1_select_btn = 8
    input_player1_l_y_plus = -1
    input_player1_up_axis = -1
    input_player1_l_y_minus = +1
    input_player1_down_axis = +1
    input_player1_l_x_minus = -0
    input_player1_left_axis = -0
    input_player1_l_x_plus = +0
    input_player1_right_axis = +0

input_enable_hotkey_btn = “9″
    input_exit_emulator_btn = “8″

input_enable_hotkey_btn = 9
    input_save_state_btn = 1

input_enable_hotkey_btn = 9
    input_load_state_btn = 2

rogueapache
    Participant

[quote=3880]Did you try just holding done the button you assigned first to “enter”? If you hold the button down, it should skip the input being prompted…[/quote]
    anyone know why im getting a “script error” when trying to save set buttons for the other two emulators? (RetroArch is the only one that works when i hit save)

moorens
    Participant

Sorry Retro Arch is the only one I use.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.