Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I received a Raspberry Pi for Christmas and have it set up as an emulator using RetroPie. I know very little about how to use them so please try to explain in the simplest possible instructions. I have everything working however I do have some questions:

1. How can I connect a PS3 controller as a secondary controller for when I want to play with someone else? (I am using a wireless Xbox 360 controller as my primary.)

2. Is there a way that I can assign the ‘Esc’ button to my controller so that I can exit games that have no exit option (Super Mario Bros. 3 for example)?

3. The controller does not work on Sega Genesis ROMS. How would I go about fixing this?

4. I’m having issues in many ROMS where the D-pad will not work properly in the menus. Is this an error in the ROM or is it fixable?

5. I know this is more of a Raspberry Pi itself question, but how do I resize the screen to make the games fit my TV?

Sorry there are so many questions but I am very excited to get everything up and running properly.

Floob

Hi,

There are some videos in the link in my signature that cover setting hotkeys to exit the emulator, overscan and configuring retroarch controllers. They should help as a first step.

The hotkey for joypad to exit is
    input_exit_emulator_btn = “{your joypad code}”

boomgreen87
    Participant

Okay thanks! I will do what I can by following your videos and I will come back for help if needed. I also forgot to ask is there a way to remove ROMS and when I start an emulation, it says that Ports 0 to 3 are connected to my Xbox controller. I am assuming that this is because I calibrated my controller with RetroArch numerous times because I had messed up. How can I fix this?

Floob

Yes, you can remove roms by deleting them from your folders with an SFTP tool like Filezilla. Or you could remove their reference from a gamelist.xml file if you have one?

Check this directory for what controller details are being loaded at runtime
    /opt/retropie/emulators/RetroArch/configs
    Do ls -lah to see which files have been updated recently.

boomgreen87
    Participant

I tried overscanning but it didn’t seem to affect the size of RetroPie at all. And also, I checked the controller’s directory and there doesn’t seem to be any reason for why it says that Ports #0 to #3 are occupied by the Xbox controller.

Floob

Can you show the results of ls -lah in your autoconfig directory?
    /opt/retropie/emulators/RetroArch/configs

I’m presuming you havent manually updated your main retroarch.cfg file?

boomgreen87
    Participant

Here it is. And as far as I know, I haven’t manually updated the retroarch.cfg file.

Floob

Great. Can you post (as an attachment, not inline) the Xbox360WirelessReceiver.cfg file.
    You will probably need to rename that as a .txt file to post it here.

That should show why your hotkeys arent behaving.

Also, what value does this have (input_enable_hotkey) in your retroarch.cfg file
    in /opt/retropie/configs/all/

boomgreen87
    Participant

I don’t quite understand what I need to do in order to attach the file here. Can you please walk me through what I need to do? and I’m pretty sure the value of the input_enable_hotkey is 6, it is the select button on the controller.

Floob

Maybe just paste the contents here

boomgreen87
    Participant

Sorry I haven’t responded in a long time. I’ve been busy and kind of forgot about this. Anyways here is the file. I have also added a couple of other photos that may be of use to you.

I have added a few ROMS since last time and have a couple more questions if you don’t mind.

1. None of the N64 ROMS work. Is there some way to get them to work?

2. Some of the ROMS sounds are awful. Is there a way of fixing this or is it the ROM itself?

3. Now all of the sudden, when I exit a ROM, none of the buttons on my controller work unless I restart Emulation Station and re-calibrate my controller.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.