Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hey guys, I’ve been browsing for awhile now and I can’t find anything that works for me. I’m using RetroPie 2.3 and have overclocked my Pi to medium using the inbuilt tools (won’t try higher for now in fear of ruining my SD cart).
    However, al my PSX games are still extremely laggy, look terrible and have awefull sound. I’m using scph7502 as BIOS.
    Is there anything I can change in the settings or do I have to overclock my Pi further? If anyone has some spair time to help a new Pi user out, that would be great! :)

/JBro

brooksyx
    Participant

Overclocking should help, I believe that the SD corruption issue has been fixed in the newer revisions of rasbian(the base for retropie). I have never had a corruption issue when running the high, I would probably be running on turbo but my pie is not stable at that speed.

JBro

Alright, will try clocking it a bit higher then. One other question though, how can I fix the double entries in EmulationStation? Both the .cue and the .bin files are showing up, and when I close the game I can see an error saying that the .cue file was loaded but the .bin file couldn’t be loaded. Any way to fix this?

JBro

Update:

I’m running the Pi on Turbo settings (using “sudo raspi-config”).
    It is definetely running better as before, temp is below 60 so thanks for that! But it’s not quite ‘smooth’ yet. Still a bit laggy and the sound is really crisp. Is there anything other then overclocking that I can do to improve gameplay for PSX?

brooksyx
    Participant

[quote=69463]Alright, will try clocking it a bit higher then. One other question though, how can I fix the double entries in EmulationStation? Both the .cue and the .bin files are showing up, and when I close the game I can see an error saying that the .cue file was loaded but the .bin file couldn’t be loaded. Any way to fix this?[/quote]

Check es_systems.cfg and check to see if .cue and .bin are both listed as extensions under the playstation settings. If both are there remove one of them. I would imagine you would remove .bin because .cue should load the .bin but not how playstation libretro loads files so could be the other way around. Can’t really help you on the error part. Did you rename the .bin file? Check the corresponding .cue file in a text editor to make sure it references the .bin file name. I know mednafen will not even load the game if there is a mitcmatch for the bin filename.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.