Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

So i just setup my rpi2 with the newest version of retropie(3.2.1). it asked me to setup the buttons when it first came up so i did that(using rock candy xbox 360 controllers). So i load up mariokart 64 and the controls make no sense and i cant figure out how to change them. Drive forward is the “A” button on the xbox controller which is fine, but to shoot your items is “riht analog stick down” which is very odd. I tried to modify the Mupen64plus InputAutoCfg file to setup the buttons the way i want(under each instance of the xbox controller i could find), but it didnt seem to do anything. any ideas on how i can map the buttons the way i want?

catrinisin
    Participant

I have the same problem with Retropie 3.3. Can’t make sense of the InputAutoCfg file. In my case it is a wireless 360 controller and it works in all retroarch emulators but not the Mupen64plus for N64.

catrinisin
    Participant

So I cheated and switched the default emulator to lr-mupen64plus and my controls work fine thanks to retroarch. But since version 3.3 now defaults to the better mupen64plus that does not use retroarch, no controls work. I thought I was fine with this until MarioKart64 didn’t work. It runs in the beter mupen64plus but not in the libretro version.

So I guess I need to somehow figure it out. Have you made any progress @jbounds286 ?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.