Viewing 9 posts - 71 through 79 (of 79 total)
  • Author
    Participant

hey everyone I am a windows user, to start off. I am new to Linux and especially raspberry pi. just got my RPI and that was a big learning experience lol. I am also having this problem with the n64 emulator and was wondering if there were any other bandaids? could not access Xbox’s ftp anymore it seems and I don’t know how to really navigate the Linux command interface to find the system files.

ramenfox
    Participant

Greetings everyone. Second time poster regarding the Raspberry Pi/RetroPie. I am in love with it, no complaints here except, of course, the N64 emulator. I’ve scoured the internet trying to figure out why the Mupen64Plus just doesn’t want to cooperate until last night I stumbled upon another forum telling people to update their installed versions of the
    emulator.

At first I was getting the seg fault on line 22/23 (I forget exactly which now) and it would kick me back to the Emulation Station screen. I’ve now been running Mupen64Plus from XTerm root and at first I was able
    to get my specific ROM (Mario Party 3) to boot up, but it was just all black. Choppy audio (no recognizable sounds from the game), unresponsive to controller or keyboard inputs. After last night’s update, I am now getting a new error.

This new error I can not find ANY explanation for on the internet. I tried Google and it only came up with 3 results, two of which were mirrored and they were both debugging logs so it didn’t really explain a workaround or any solution.

Here goes:
    Core Warning: ROM Database: Unknown property on line 209

The line # goes from 200 up to 15764 inconsistently. At the very end it then says:
    Segmentation fault
    No specific line for the seg fault this time.

Any clues as to what is happening? I’ve even tried downloading a totally different version of the ROM (one .n64 extension, one .z64), both produce the same errors.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

kamesan
    Participant

Hey there, did you update it through Retropie-setup or some other means?

ramenfox
    Participant

[quote=86356]Hey there, did you update it through Retropie-setup or some other means?[/quote]

Hello! I updated it through Retropie-Setup

kamesan
    Participant

Hey the games are working for psx as well, seemed to be the emulator updates and getting good bios files. Thanks again!

ramenfox
    Participant

[quote=86522]Hey the games are working for psx as well, seemed to be the emulator updates and getting good bios files. Thanks again![/quote]

Should I try to run an update again?

kamesan
    Participant

Probably. I looked at the modified dates and they were like January 27th for some emulator files. It would seem something got updated. Also, I am using pcsx-rearmed which I don’t know if it’s the default emu or not. It all still has the retroarch gui when you access the hotkey menu. Still sound stuttering / video stuttering but have Parasite Eve, Xeno Gears, Blast Chamber (flawless) Twisted Metal 2 / 4 (flawless) , FF7, FF8, Wild Arms working.

ramenfox
    Participant

[quote=86541]Probably. I looked at the modified dates and they were like January 27th for some emulator files. It would seem something got updated. Also, I am using pcsx-rearmed which I don’t know if it’s the default emu or not. It all still has the retroarch gui when you access the hotkey menu. Still sound stuttering / video stuttering but have Parasite Eve, Xeno Gears, Blast Chamber (flawless) Twisted Metal 2 / 4 (flawless) , FF7, FF8, Wild Arms working.[/quote]

I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong. I don’t want to get too far offtopic, but I ran the update again – I specifically chose Mupen64Plus – and it ran for 20 hours so I knew it was updating all libs. Next morning, I had found that it installed several new emus that I had never heard of or didn’t ask for. Mupen64Plus displayed an entirely new error (of which I can’t remember) and I was shocked to find none of my other ROMs for SNES or Sega were not working either now. I had flashed my Pi before the update so I simply reverted back.

I managed to get the N64 gaming out of my system, though, because I was so frustrated that I just downloaded an emu and the ROMs onto my computer.

Hopefully the Pi2 with its increased processing power will be able to handle Mupen64Plus. This is really aggravating.

kamesan
    Participant

I feel your frustration. Finally got to play with my pi2 today and was a bit frustrated myself. Tried using my existing image and just updating it but led to inefficient config files. Started a new install and am using the n64-mupen64plus folder in the roms folder. It is isolated from retroarch which seems to be the culprit in holding these n64 roms back. It runs like a dream when not using retroarch. Only thing is having to manually put in your input settings because I can’t find an auto config for mupen right now.

Viewing 9 posts - 71 through 79 (of 79 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.