Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Inactive

Hello,

I recently upgraded to a pi2 and have been trying to get a n64 emulator working on RetroPie 3.2.1. Unfortunately mupen64plus keeps segfaulting and just will not launch any games (I have tried several). The following is what I get when attempting to launch a game from CLI.

pi@retropie /opt/retropie/emulators/mupen64plus/bin $ ./mupen64plus --verbose /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/n64/SuperMario64.n64
     __  __                         __   _  _   ____  _
    |  \/  |_   _ _ __   ___ _ __  / /_ | || | |  _ \| |_   _ ___
    | |\/| | | | | '_ \ / _ \ '_ \| '_ \| || |_| |_) | | | | / __|
    | |  | | |_| | |_) |  __/ | | | (_) |__   _|  __/| | |_| \__ \
    |_|  |_|\__,_| .__/ \___|_| |_|\___/   |_| |_|   |_|\__,_|___/
                 |_|         http://code.google.com/p/mupen64plus/
    Mupen64Plus Console User-Interface Version 2.5.0

UI-Console: attached to core library 'Mupen64Plus Core' version 2.5.0
    UI-Console:             Includes support for Dynamic Recompiler.
    Core Error: Unable to open rom database file '(null)'.
    UI-Console Error: core failed to open ROM image file '/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/n64/SuperMario64.n64'.

I am certain the ROM exists in that location and permissions are properly set.

-rw-r--r-- 1 pi pi 0 Nov  3 04:43 /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/n64/SuperMario64.n64

Any idea where to start looking for a solution to this problem?

gizmo98
    Participant

Try to install from source again. It should not segfault.

luckylocky
    Participant

I had Mariokart working perfectly with retropie 3 but once i upgraded to 3.1 no matter which emulator i boot in too the menu screens writing is distorted. the game still plays fine if you manage to navigate the blurry menu. has anyone got mario kart running with retropie 3.1? need help

Anonymous
    Inactive

[quote=109102]Try to install from source again. It should not segfault.

[/quote]

Tried installing from source using retropie_setup.sh but the results are the same.

[quote=109136]I had Mariokart working perfectly with retropie 3 but once i upgraded to 3.1 no matter which emulator i boot in too the menu screens writing is distorted. the game still plays fine if you manage to navigate the blurry menu. has anyone got mario kart running with retropie 3.1? need help

[/quote]

Your issue is probably unrelated. I am unable to load any game using the mupen64plus emulators and am on RetroPie 3.2.1.

gizmo98
    Participant

@lucklocky
    mupen64plus was broken in retropie sd card image 3.1. Reinstall (binary or source).

@saucy
    I think you do not pass all necessary parameters.
    Example:
    mupen64plus –noosd –fullscreen –gfx mupen64plus-video-n64.so –configdir /opt/retropie/configs/n64 –datadir /opt/retropie/configs/n64 %ROM%”

Please take a look here:
    https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/blob/master/scriptmodules/emulators/mupen64plus.sh#L170

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.