Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello,
    I’m using two Xbox360 controllers with my RetroPie and they work fine in emulationstation. But I’m having Problems to get them to work with retroArchs autoconfig. It only configures one controller. How do I get it to configure the second one properly?

My autoconfig file ist mostly equal to the one provided with the RetroPie 2.3 Image.

Regards

cliffbrowning84
    Participant

I don’t know a lot but if you could show me all your sections in the retroarch.cfg file on controller button and axis setup I might be able to help.

cliffbrowning84
    Participant

I have a sixaxis ps3 controller and honestly my joysticks don’t work but first off maybe be more specific on how you have setup your xbox controller so far? Did you follow any 360 controller tutorials? Download any required software? Do they have any functionality to them at all?

thiemok
    Participant

I don’t have any input related config in the retroarch.cfg other than the default keyboard setup. I want the controllers to be configured using the auto config system since there might not be alsways the same gamepads attached.
    To be specific both of them work, when connected alone. But when I attach both only one gets configured and player 2 controls remain unconfigured

thiemok
    Participant

Looks like i figured it out.
    I basically dublicated my XboxGamepad(userspacedriver).cfg file and changed input_device = "Xbox Gamepad (userspace driver)" to input_device = "Xbox Gamepad (userspace driver) #2"
    Now its getting configured correctly

caldiniho
    Participant

thiemok where do i find the userspacedriver.cfg and how do i duplicate it?

thiemok
    Participant

It’s in /opt/retropie/emulators/RetroArch/configs/ and you can dublicate it using cp

caldiniho
    Participant

do you happen to know how to get two players working through a single keyboard by any chance? im trying everything here

exonerated
    Participant

thiemok, when you copied the config file for you xbox controller, what did you name the second file? I am trying something similar with a PS3 controller so that I can use two PS3 controllers while keeping the option to still use my SNES USB.

thiemok
    Participant

I just added a 2 to the filename. I’m pretty shure the filename is not that relevant. For ps3 controllers I would just use the device and vendor id options and use one file.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I did this too, but it isnt working! Before controller 1 responded and controller 2 would not. Now that I have edited this, neither of them respond! What else do i need to change to get this to work?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.