Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Inactive

Hi all-

I got my Xo Min joysticks working great with emulationstation and using with the MAME and FBA emulators. I also use the N64./SNES/NES emulators and would prefer to use my xbox360 controllers with those roms. If my Xbox360 adapter isn’t plugged into the USB, the joysticks workgreat, if it is plugged in, the Xbox360 controllers take default as player 1 and 2 in MAME and FBA despite my Retroarch.cfg file (below) . Is there a way I can specify to just use the joysticks as player 1 and 2 for some emulators and have the Xbox360 be the default controllers for other emulators without having to plug and unplug them as I do now? i.e. leave the xbox360 adapter plugged in and still have my Joysticks as the controls for MAME and the xbox360 for all other emulators?

input_player1_joypad_index = “1”

input_player1_up_axis = “-1”
    input_player1_down_axis = “+1”
    input_player1_left_axis = “-0”
    input_player1_right_axis = “+0”
    input_player1_a_btn = “1”
    input_player1_b_btn = “0”
    input_player1_x_btn = “2”
    input_player1_y_btn = “3”
    input_player1_l_btn = “4”
    input_player1_r_btn = “5”
    input_player1_select_btn = “6”
    input_player1_start_btn = “7”

input_player2_joypad_index = “0”

input_player2_up_axis = “-1”
    input_player2_down_axis = “+1”
    input_player2_left_axis = “-0”
    input_player2_right_axis = “+0”
    input_player2_a_btn = “1”
    input_player2_b_btn = “0”
    input_player2_x_btn = “2”
    input_player2_y_btn = “3”
    input_player2_l_btn = “4”
    input_player2_r_btn = “5”
    input_player2_select_btn = “6”
    input_player2_start_btn = “7”

As always, much appreciation to everyone here for all the help!

dankcushions
    Participant

unfortunately linux appears to allocate joysticks to js0/js1/js2/etc at random, and retroarch just picks them up from there. if you don’t mind getting stuck into some linux black magic, you can use udev rules to force certain devices to be under certain /dev/input/aliases (js0, etc), and i *think* that will mean that retrorch will see them as static numbers: https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=45722

however, if you have two controllers with the same id (eg, 2 360 controllers), there doesn’t appear to be a way to identify them?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.