Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I managed to fix Mario Kart 64’s distorted menu fonts using dappsy‘s solution from here and the recommendation from mupen64plus’s compatibility list, which is switching the emulator/video driver by using the config wizard on emulator startup.

Unfortunately, doing so would cause follow-up issues:

• My system sound level (alsamixer) that has been respected before is ignored now, audio is put out at full volume.
    • Xbox 360 controller mappings have changed and some buttons are not reachable from the gamepad anymore. While this is negligible as of Mario Kart 64 (I only cannot cycle through the different in-game HUD options anymore), it may cause problems with other games.
    • “Start + Select” on the gamepad to exit the emulator has no effect anymore. The only way to kill the emulator is pressing ESC on a keyboard.

I’d be glad to hear any solutions or general advise where to look for the right config files etc.

Thanks in advance!!

Setup
    Raspberry Pi 2
    RetroPie 3.0 Beta from image
    no further tweaks except the ones mentioned above
    Xbox 360 Wireless controller

puck6t9
    Participant

i fixed the first to by editing the the mupen64plus.cfg file and the InputAutoCfg.ini file in the /opt/retropie/configs/n64.

just when you edit the inputautocfg.ini file to remap buttons it does it for all games running that profile. just look in the file for the name of the controller your using and remap the keys the same as the retroroach.cfg

the last im still looking for has to do with changing the mupen64plus.cfg where it says

# Joystick event string for stopping the emulator
    Joy Mapping Stop = “”

i like to know if you find what to put there.

gizmo98
    Participant

Mupen64plus.cfg button mapping looks like JxBy. J=joystick number, B=button If you have a ps3 controller as js0 and want to use ps button to exit the correct syntax is J0B16.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.