Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Inactive

Hello All,

Has anyone had any luck mapping the PS3 buttons (triangle, circle, or X) in AdvanceMame 1.2?

I can only seem to get the square button to be recognized. After updating the advmame-1.2.rc file multiple times I’ve figured out a bit but it would appear that the triangle, circle, and X buttons cannot be mapped.

For those interested, utilizing the AdvanceMame [joy,button] scheme and assuming all below are set for joy = 0, here are the mappings I’ve determined for “button” per my PS3 controller via bluetooth setup:

top or 3 = start
    top2 or 4 = d-pad up
    trigger or 0 = select
    thumb or 1 = L3
    thumb2 or 2 = R3
    pinkie or 5 = d-pad right
    base or 6 = d-pad down
    base2 or 7 = d-pad left
    base3 or 8 = L2
    base4 or 9 = R2
    base5 or 10 = L1
    base6 or 11 = R1
    12 = square

Any insight into this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Ryan

Floob

I’ve only used AdvanceMAME a bit, but its seems quite happy to map inputs using the GUI when it runs (via TAB). Have you tried that?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Floob,

Yes, you are correct. AdvanceMAME does seem quite happy to map buttons utilizing the GUI with TAB except that it will not recognize the triangle, circle, or X there either. This is what originally caused me to seek out another means, i.e. the rc file.

-Ryan

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yep, I have the exact same problem. Haven’t had much time to troubleshoot but it seems that certain buttons aren’t mappable from the GUI with AdvanceMAME. The ones it does map it gives weird names like “top” for the start button or “trigger” for the select button. Basically exactly what the OP posted.

It also seems to inadvertently pick up inputs from the PS3 controller’s motion sensors and tries to map them as axis.

Using PS3 controller over bluetooth. All other emulators work fine.
    Pi2 and RetroPie 3.0 beta 2.

poplekiller
    Participant

Hi,

Don’t ask me why but it seems that buttons 12, 13, 14, 15 are ok for the PS3 wireless driver.
    It doesn’t match anything in jstest and I don’t find advj (the utility supposed to be with advancemame) to test the joy

poplekiller
    Participant

hum, i wrote too quickly, only square is working … oddly, I got some of the cross (left up) buttons to quick in SF II, I will check how it look in the UI config

dischargehammer
    Participant

I have the same problem. Triangle, square and circle are not responding. Other buttons and triggers work, but give weird mapping names like “dead” or “top2”. Could this probably be circumvented by configuring controls with a .cfg file ?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Change device_joystick auto to device_joystick raw in the .rc config file.

Then, all the buttons will show up.

You’re welcome! (I created an account just to spread the good news!)

robertus
    Participant

i can’t configure my ps3 controller, recognize only select and analog to up down ad press.

why ? i tried to modified auto in raw on \\RETROPIE\configs\mame-advmame\advmame-0.94.0.rc without success

dudleydes
    Participant

I have managed to get all of the buttons on PS3 controller recognised by changing device_joystick auto to device_joystick sdl in the .rc config files. The buttons will now be mapped to a more familiar j:button15 format.

qwerty69
    Participant

Setting device_joystick to sdl in all three .rc files (one for each version) worked for me.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.