Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I’m running retropie 3.0 imaged to a 64gb sd (formatted in fat32) on a raspberry pi 2 B. I’m using an IPAC 2 to interface standard arcade controls and standalone microswitches.

I have been unable to get pifba to work with two player inputs on the one “keyboard” – the IPAC is recognised (with both players together) as a single keyboard input.

This apparently seems to be a known issue with the current version of pifba – two players on one keyboard isn’t enabled, and there doesn’t seem to be an option to enable it.

As per this thread, this can be fixed by downloading and updating the include pifba binary with a different version.

I use the method described in this post – I assign a new root pw, log in to root via WinSCP, copy across the file, update the permissions, and I’m done. It works great – I can now play two plays in pifba – until I reboot the system. After rebooting the pi it seems to forget the password for the generic “pi” and the newly assigned root – the pi itself gets an authentication failure which it won’t pass, and I can’t log in to either users via PuTTY/WinSCP. I’m pretty much permanently locked out, and have to reflash and start all over again (which I have done three times now, so I don’t think I’m just mistyping or forgetting a password or whatever).

I’m after a way of 1) solving the two player pifba issue without having to change the binary or 2) downloading, copying and appropriately adjusting the permissions of the binary without having to change the root password (which is what I assume is causing the authentication dramas).

Something like:
    sudo wget fileaddress
    sudo cp filelocation newlocation
    ???sudo change permissions somehow?

Thanks!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘New to RetroPie? Start Here!’ is closed to new topics and replies.