Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello-

I’m halfway to an insane asylum trying to get Retropie flashed to an SD, I have tried reddit and a Raspberry pi forum and found this place, I’m crossing my fingers you can save me from tossing this device in the garbage.

I initially used the supplied SD card in a raspberry pi kit, which came preloaded with noobs. I followed online tutorials to format the disk to with SDFormatter. I downloaded the retropie file and unzipped it, then used Win32diskimager to flash that image to my SD. OK, easy so far. When I loaded it into my Raspberry Pi, I get the ‘load NOOBS/Raspbian’ screen. Nothing related to retropie is available.

I tried iterations of this several times over. I also purchased a new, blank SD card, and have had the same damn problem. Maddening!

I’m told Retropie doesn’t contain NOOBS software. I have no idea how its finding its way onto my SD card. Does anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks for looking-

gamesfan
    Participant

Step 1: Download the Image from here (this webpage)
    Step 2: Take the MicroSD card from your Raspberry PI and put in in your PC
    Step 3: Unzip the download until all you have is the IMG file (Use Winrar or 7zip)
    Step 4: Open Win32diskimager32 and point it to the image and your SD card drive.
    Step 5: Click Write.

The tool will overwrite the card entirely, there is no need to format it at all.

spookyp
    Participant

I’ve done that, but just did it again with a fresh download. Same thing, still get noobs boot up.

herbfargus

So delete the contents of the noobs image manually first.

herbfargus

So delete the contents of the noobs image manually first.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.