Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Is there a reason this is disabled for the earlier Pi besides speed? I notice lr-vba-next is unplayable, but lr-mgba does alright. I use lr-gpsp for most games, but some like Pokemon Emerald and Sapphire won’t run. They run fine in standard gpsp, but I like the consistency of having all libretro cores.

herbfargus

You can play some of those games with lr-gpsp, you just have to load them from the rgui rather than emulationstation- not sure why they only work from the rgui but they do.

petrockblog
    Keymaster

It is disabled as there are emulators that work at a decent speed (gpsp), and mgba doesn’t even with a big overclock.

I’m sure if we enabled it by default, we would get more complaints for people saying it is too slow etc :)

petrockblog
    Keymaster

when we have a better way of installing optional stuff, this may change. people can choose to install what they want etc.

grem75
    Participant

[quote=108102]You can play some of those games with lr-gpsp, you just have to load them from the rgui rather than emulationstation- not sure why they only work from the rgui but they do.

[/quote]

That is very odd, I would think that would be a file name issue, but I went through and made sure everything had a lower case extension and no special characters. Leaf Green and Fire Red work just fine.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.