Tagged: , ,

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi,

First time post – please be gentle. I’ve just upgraded from 2.6 to the 3.02 beta. After some tinkering I now understand the implications of allowing emulators to be chosen by group or ROM and I think it’s fab. However set up is now a little bit more difficult as it pretty much means you have to have a controller config set up for every emulator you’re interested in, (lessening the advantage of Retroarch) as performance varies wildly.

Anyway I digress.

I have managed to configure Retroarch along with hotkeys for various emulators but it seems that lr-fba is refusing to respond to my global Retroarch settings. All of the other emulators set to start with the lr-prefix behave as expected. Any idea what the issue might be? Does Emulationstation itself play a role in setting a file path for example?

The local lr-fba retroarch config file now has a hashed out include path to the main config file and that is set correctly. It has a live input_remapping_directory file path pointing to /opt/retropie/configs/fba/ so that all seems to be in order.

Floob

Unless you manually edit your config files, by default the libretro cores will all use the controller file in /opt/retropie/emulators/retroarch/configs/{yourcontroller}.cfg

It will then parse the system specific retroarch file which are in /opt/retropie/configs/{systemname}/retroarch.cfg (which in turn pulls in the system wide retroarch.cfg from /opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg)

Id its just lr-fba playing up, I presume there is an issue with that system specific retroarch.cfg

Can you post your
    /opt/retropie/configs/fba/retroarch.cfg as an attachment here?

Or post it up on pastebin.com

octogenarian
    Participant

Thanks for coming back to me Floob. Settings for the file are below:

#include “/opt/retropie/configs/all/retroarch.cfg”
    # All settings made here will override the global settings for the current emulator core

input_remapping_directory = /opt/retropie/configs/fba/

Floob

When you say you have upgraded from 2.6 to 3 – how did you do that?

Have you tried writing the RetroPie 3 image to a clean SD card?

octogenarian
    Participant

I upgraded via option 1 in the setup script.

Floob

Could you try a clean install with a version 3 image?
    Also, do you have a different controller to test with as well?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Has anyone sorted this? I have exact same issue and i am using clean install of B3 RC1 and lr-fba isnt picking up my joypad but other retroarch emus are fine.

misled3k
    Participant

I had the same problem — fixed it by moving all my roms & bios from the “neogeo” roms folder to the “fba” roms folder. I tried the “neogeo” rom folder first because that is what the wiki suggested, but it was just redirecting me to the fba emulator with an incorrect config file.

Floob

[quote=102716]Has anyone sorted this? I have exact same issue and i am using clean install of B3 RC1 and lr-fba isnt picking up my joypad but other retroarch emus are fine.

[/quote]

Beta 3 did have some controller issues.
    Try the RetroPie 3 final that is out now.

Sorry – just read you have RC1 – that should be ok, and works ok for me. Is it just the case that you cant add credits? Have you tried Rigth Shift?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I can confirm this! This is also my 1st post.
    I use a ps3 controller and i have no trouble with insert coin since i changed:
    input_enable_hotkey_btn = "16"
    16 is the PS button, so i doesn’t conflict with select.
    I also have no problems with my bluetooth dongle or pairing my ps3 controllers.
    no problems with lr-imame4all
    no problems with lr-mupen64plus
    no problems with lr-pcsx-rearmed
    no problems with lr-snes9x-next

The shortcut PS Button + Start can quit this 4 emulators, but when I load a game in lr-fba I have to ssh into it to reboot the system since neither the keyboard nor the controllers work.
    If anyone can identify the problem please enlighten us!

*EDIT*

Reinstalling it from source in a fresh retropie 3 fixed it for me.
    (only on the 5th try tho ^^)

*/EDIT*

Floob

@beliaaal What happens if you try to set your left trigger as the hotkey enable for lr-fba only? (in /opt/retropie/configs/fba/retroarch.cfg)

I *think* the only reason you cant get the controller to work is due to not being able to add credits or use the hotkey there – so try as above and change to something else in lr-fba.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘Controller Configuration in RetroPie’ is closed to new topics and replies.