Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Is there a way to run Atari as a standalone program, or at least a command to run the Stella core in Libreto without the other emus?

My goal is to boot the RetroPie image and go straight to an Atari 2600 front end listing the games that can be run from a menu.

Is this possible in Retropie? This is an important project for me, please someone help!

raoulangel
    Participant

From the lack or responses here I will assume this is not possible?

As an alternative idea, can ALL but the Atari 2600 Emulator display in Emulationstation?

it seems that even when I only have ROMS for Atari in there, the standalone ports also display. Is there a config file or something that needs to be edited?

I am wprking on a project i am trying to complete by Friday.. If anyone can help, please do!

herbfargus

If you only want one emulator to show up in emulation station its pretty easy:

If you want something to run on boot you’d have to mess with rc-local settings which can be tedious.

https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentation/linux/usage/rc-local.md

raoulangel
    Participant

No, it’s more than that, I already know how to mod the local system to run standalone programs such as MAME, which I have done already. However, Stella does not seem to have a standalone file that I can find to run, it appears to be part of the retroarch system. Now, if there is a command line for Retroarch that runs Stella from the command line, I could use that but I need to know what that is!

herbfargus

you mean something like this?

retroarch -L /opt/retropie/libretrocores/lr-stella/stella_libretro.so

raoulangel
    Participant

yes!!! i will have to add that to my local file and see what happens! Thanks!

herbfargus

may not work unless its an absolute path- I’m trying to get it to run in the command line first. You can also just type stella into the terminal and it will open stella if you want that instead of the libretro core

raoulangel
    Participant

Hmm… says “retroarch – command not found

raoulangel
    Participant

Well, I couldn’t get the command line to run, the command listed here says that the command isn’t recognized. So, I used the method in the video to eliminate all but the libreto-stella emulator from the emulationstation list.

I have two additional questions, if anyone knows.. 1. Where is the graphic that says “ES Emulationstation loading..”, I would like to replace it with something custom, also, in libreto stella, what are the control keys for reset, game select and difficulty a/b?

Thanks!

matthewjosephcordova
    Participant

Try command line

/opt/retropie/emulators/retroarch/bin/retroarch -L /opt/retropie/libretrocores/stellalibretro/stella_libretro.so stellalibretro
    raoulangel
    Participant

Will do! Thanks, will let you know how it goes. Anyone have an answer to the reset, select and difficulty keys?

matthewjosephcordova
    Participant

The ES Loading graphic is unfortunately part of the binary. The only way to modify it is via the SVG file in the source code. If you want to change it, you must fork the source and recompile.

I suggest to you omxplayer and make a loading video that’s plays over the ES graphic.

If you figure out the Stella keys, let me know, also if the cmd line started Stella properly.

You can find all emulator command line starting code in ES_systems.cfg in /etc/emulationstation/

raoulangel
    Participant

We lost power due to the storms here in PA the last few days so I have not been able to try any of this stuff yet. Hopefully tonight I can focus on it. I am also OFF tomorrow so I can hopefully complete the project by noon. Will let everyone know and maybe even have some pics and video of it in action!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.