Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Ok, I installed Kodi using the retropie setup and now I want to add a tab to emulationstation.

So before I mess around with the es_systems.cfg. I thought I would get some confirmation.
    Here’s what I would do:
    Edit the es_systems.cfg:
    <system>
    <fullname>Kodi</fullname>
    <name>Kodi</name>
    <path>/home/kodi</path> (saw that a kodi dir was already made during install)
    <extension>.sh .SH</extension>
    <command>%Rom%</command>
    <platform>Kodi</platform>
    <theme>Kodi</theme>
    </system>

Than I make a txt called Kodi.sh
    and add these two lines:

#!/bin/bash
    sudo Kodi

and save it in the Kodi dir.

make the txt an executable

chmod +x Kodi.sh

and everything should be done…..did I miss anything. Is there a kodi theme already made or just have to use the white screen?

davejaca
    Participant

this will pretty much work and you are on the right track. I do mine a little differently and add custom artwork etc, which I see you are unsure about from your post.

I have all my files posted in the description of this video, so you can see exactly how I do it, hope it helps.

kmhamel
    Participant

Thanks, everything is going great and your graphics look wonderful.

I stopped using the 360 controller in favor of the ps3 just due to the size of the receiver. The Bluetooth makes it so much more compact.

Right now kodi just works with a keyboard, if you find a way to map the ps3 controllers to a keyboard as you did with the 360, now that would be great.

Good work

ceuse
    Participant

Thanks man ! your Kodi.svg really saved me. couldt get a decent one working :-)

xylan
    Participant

hi,

i’m really interested in trying setting up my wired standard usb pad using your method, but i can’t find where to get the kodi.ini you’re talking about in the video.

thank you by advance for your help

xylan
    Participant

its ok sorry i did not think about having a look on the youtube site

davejaca
    Participant

Hey guys, glad you liked the SVG, it does look pretty slick.

Still no workaround for controlling kodi with the ds3, but now I just use my phone since I always have that one me, not sure if you were aware you could use your smartphone so I will leave this here just in case:

cappo
    Participant

Dave,

Thanks for the instructions they are very well presented. I was running berry boot but couldn’t get the CEC for my TV to talk to berry boot although it was for kodi.

This solution seems much cleaner. Is there a way to get kodi to load automatically on startup i.e. to get back to emulation station you have to exit kodi?

sdbrook
    Participant

I’m also very interested in getting it to boot directly into Kodi then having it load Emulation Station upon exiting Kodi.

dishins
    Participant

i would like to be able to enter kodi via the main menu entry in emulation station, right now kodi shows up like a game inside a system, is there any way to launch kodi without entering the game screen?

thx in advance!

tank
    Participant

yes, double”click” it :-D

sorry for not helping at all. i thought about this already too, but i don’t think it’s possible yet… maybe someone can put in a feature request @ emulationstations devs…

dishins
    Participant

i’m also looking into booting directly to kodi too.

about CEC, seems like there is already a feature request on Emstation github page.

tank
    Participant

yes +1 for the booting into kodi… mine is more a media player than a gaming system…

kmhamel
    Participant
    joehc
    Participant

Has anyone made some progress on how to boot direct into kodi and when exiting kodi ES starts?

dishins
    Participant

i’ve managed to boot directly into Kodi, for those looking for it do this:

sudo nano /etc/rc.local

and in the line above exit 0 do this:

su pi -c kodi-standalone

this way kodi boots under user pi, and then when you quit you’be be straight into EmulationStation

hope it helps ya.

joehc
    Participant

that worked perfect. Just what I needed. Many thanks! You saved my day.

sandix
    Participant

Is anyone having an issue where Kodi causes the RPi2 to reboot after some time?
    I launch Kodi form ES, then if I just let it sit and not do anything it just crashes and reboots.

I have the 2.6 RetroPie image with Kodi installed from Experimental section.

I am also overclocked (But ES and emulation does not crash.)

Any way to find out what is happening?

epe9686518
    Participant

How much memory are you giving the gpu, you need around 256 to 300 mb for the gpu, or Kodi will run out of memory as it is pretty gpu intensive. For me, I use 300 mb for the gpu with the rest going to the cpu Kodi wont crash, but some apps will sometimes cause Kodi to crash, but it just goes back to emulation station with no other issues and you can then relaunch Kodi.

smartroad
    Participant

Does anyone have the files in the link for the video? It has died and I would like to get a main link rather than a link in the ports hub :)

chito
    Participant

you can see the commands.txt in the vid but the art files are already in the latest retropie image but everything else is missing. That video also seems outdated

herbfargus

This accomplishes what is shown in the video and it installs kodi 15 which doesn’t have a black screen bug

https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Setup/wiki/KODI#kodi-15

swizzle
    Participant

When I replace /home/pi/RetroPie-Setup/scriptmodules/ports/kodi.sh with what is listed on the Wiki I receive an error:

Could not install package(s): libcec3. (Did not find needed package(s): libcec3. I am trying to install them now.; E: Unable to locate package libcec3)

It looks like the directory structure changed on http://archive.mene.za.net/raspbian ?

After this error I also see that it is not creating a Kodi rom directory or anything in EmulationStation.

herbfargus

It was working, I’ll look into it and ammend the wiki once I come up with a solution.

herbfargus

Yeah libcec3 must be broken upstream or something. Just remove that whole line and it should work- its minor anyhow. You can manually install cec-utils if you want cec support.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.