Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant

When ever I go to shutdown the Pi right from Kodi or try to exit Kodi back to Retropie, Kodi hangs and I must pull the power plug. I had read that Kodi 15 fixes this issue so I upgraded, and Kodi exited correctly for a day. Now Kodi goes back to hanging.

Does anyone know a fix for this?

Also is this an issue with Kodi on RaspBerry Pie in general? Or is it only an issue with Kodi running through RetroPie? I ask because if it is just an issue with Retropie, then I will probably get a secondary sd card for Kodi.

herbfargus

It is no longer an issue with kodi 15 on raspbian Jessie. I would highly suggest you move to raspbian Jessie as wheezy will no longer be supported in the future.

lionelhutz
    Participant

[quote=116330]It is no longer an issue with kodi 15 on raspbian Jessie. I would highly suggest you move to raspbian Jessie as wheezy will no longer be supported in the future.

[/quote]

Is Raspbian Jessie Retropie 3.4?

herbfargus

Yes or wait like a day and start with 3.5

darksavior
    Participant

I am on 3.5 jessie and kodi 15 exits to a black screen. This was a clean install. I also installed kodi so it won’t be in the Ports menu. I was going to start a topic but found this one:P

herbfargus

Are you sure it just isn’t turning off your TV because of cec utils?

Also did you start with a fresh 3.5 image or upgrade from a previous version?

darksavior
    Participant

Yes, I started with a fresh 3.5 image. No upgrades. Pi2.
    I did a clean install right now just to make sure. Still does it. This time I left it. After a few minutes of having a black screen, it boots back into kodi.

Edit..well it’s not THAT fresh..I do have the snesdev script installed and that adds 30sec to shutdown in jessie, but I believe quitting kodi shouldn’t boot me back to kodi..

About the cec utils..no idea..

darksavior
    Participant

Update on my problem..
    I connected the pi2 to a spare monitor with a dvi adapter.
    Kodi exits back to ES just fine without issues.
    Still no idea why it doesn’t like my TV..

EDIT: Problem solved. Disabled that Pulse-Eight HDMI CEC addon. What a simple solution..meh
    EDIT2: …and it started acting up after testing it for a bit with plexbmc. Wouldn’t play anything after 3-4 videos so I quit and the black screen is back. Not sure if it’s kodi or plexbmc but one thing’s for sure..I’m done using it. It’s too unstable for my needs.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.