Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello,

I have almost successfully installed RetroPie 2.3 on a B+.

Everything works great, except for the abity to exit back to the Emulation Station launcher.

When I press F1 on the keyboard, I get a black screen and it is “stuck” there.

I don’t know “where” the system is at after I press F1; as all UI is gone from the screen and the unit appears to be locked up.

The only way I have found to get back to the “launcher” is to remove the power to the Pi and reboot it. I am unable to get to a terminal by pressing F4.

I have tried many different things including writing the image to a different card, using a different keyboard, not enabling wireless settings, etc., and am truly stuck.

I have tried building this on a B as well, and have the same results.

I am running the memory split at 256.

I can pres Esc on the Atari emulation and it goes back to the launcher just fine.

I have also tried the ./jzintv from a prompt, and am able to launch a game, and press F1 to leave the game.

Since it works fine from a terminal session, I think JZIntv works just fine. I think there is something with regard to the Emulation Station that is causing this.

I am running this on a B+ and have the Ultimate Intellivision Interface for the controllers connected as well.

Could someone please help me get pointed in the right direction?

Thank you very much!!!!!!

dudleydes
    Participant

This is a long-standing issue regarding ES2 and a number of emulators. You can read the full thread here.

https://github.com/Aloshi/EmulationStation/issues/206

There are 2 fixes you could try.

1. Force VGA by editing the RPi config file and uncommenting the lines hdmi_group=1, hdmi_mode=1.

2. Try lonehelmet’s fix posted on 18 Sep 2014 at the EmulationStation issue thread.

Floob

If you get a black screen when exiting ES, you can hold Alt-F2 to get a separate display up, then ALT-F1 to flip back to the original that should then show a display.

thedishking
    Participant

Thank you very much for the advice.

I was able to shut down Emulation Station and restart it, and it does work perfectly.

Would it be possible to write a script that shuts down Emulation Station and then starts it back up?

Apparently others are experiencing this issue.

I am trying a few other things and will report back with updates.

While it would be nice to have emulation of other systems, my preference is to get Intellivision working a perfectly as possible.

I have several Intellivision Flashback systems that I am upgrading with the Pi, and would like for them to work as intended.

Thank you again for your help!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.