Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hey all, So I just installed retropie 2.6 using the disk image on an rpi2. Most things seem to be working well however there are a couple of things that I need to resolve.

I have a ps3 controller using bluetooth however each time retropi starts it says there is no controller detected but if I hold a button down it allows me to set up the controller. This happens each time I start it up.

Also, where is the es_systems.cfg file? The reason i ask is I have cue and bin files for my psx games however some have a bin file for each track. Now because of this, ES is showing some games multiple times. I’d like to edit it so that it only looks for cue files.

Other than that it seems to be working pretty well upto now! Thanks for the hard work.

killer101
    Participant

Disconnect the controller and setup emulationsstation with a keyboard. After this exit emulationstation and disconnect keyboard. Reboot. ES will not prompt for a joystick anymore. Then setup the controller from inside ES.

cliffyboro
    Participant

Excellent, that resolved the controller issue. Thanks

Any ideas about the es_systems.cfg? Does it still exist?

killer101
    Participant

/etc/emulationstation/

cliffyboro
    Participant

Excellent! Working absolutely perfect for me now! Thanks a lot. Really impressed with the performance improvements on the rpi2. Every game I’ve tried upto now works great. Have you had any luck setting higher resolutions? or is there a way to stretch to full screen?

killer101
    Participant

I just set my /boot/config.txt to 720p and every emulator too (via the popup when starting the game). Mostly that’s why I don’t want the TV to change resolution all the time (I think the internal rendering of the emulators uses smaller sizes but the picture gets upscaled). Works great for me!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.