Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi guys, I’m new here and I’ve been spending the last few days setting up my Retropie. I’ve got SNES, Genesis, NES and GBA working well but I have one issue. With the Genesis emulator none of the box art or descriptions come up. I did the command to check and install these things (and it went through the Genesis collection), when I launch emulation station, nothing shows up. All the other emulators show the proper box art and descriptions. Anyone know what I’m doing wrong?

Also, when I try to run the command to look for the box art just for the genesis roms, it says that it’s up to date.

RetroMarine
    Participant

Check your gamelist.xml from cyberduck to see if it was completed and closed out properly. If an xml file is not perfect, it won’t read at all, which is what I’m guessing to be the problem…I had a problem once with es scraper where it would not finish the gamelist because of a simple little é for the game André Agassi tennis. Apparently the é caused the program to crash and not complete the gamelist from that game on, which is how I figured it out. Check your games to make sure none of them have any of those unique symbols.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sewersurfer
    Participant

[quote=6536]Also, when I try to run the command to look for the box art just for the genesis roms, it says that it’s up to date.
    [/quote]

Try the following: Delete the gamelist.xml file within the Genesis Roms folder. Then run ES-Scraper again. That way it always worked for me.

mercuryls
    Participant

Thanks guys, I’ll try it out and let you know.

mercuryls
    Participant

That worked! You guys are the best :)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Everything else related to the RetroPie Project’ is closed to new topics and replies.