Issue with GBA Emulation? (Possible Filename Issue)

Home Forums RetroPie Project Everything else related to the RetroPie Project Issue with GBA Emulation? (Possible Filename Issue)

RetroPie has a new website and forum. Please visit https://retropie.org.uk/ for the new site. The new forum is located at https://retropie.org.uk/forum/. This forum is left here as a read-only archive.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of garrettmiller garrettmiller 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #97513
    Profile photo of garrettmiller
    garrettmiller
    Participant

    Hi all,

    I think I might have a slight issue with certain GBA roms. Under 3.0b2, I was finding that roughly 50% of my roms were segfaulting, and roughly 50% were working. I think I’ve narrowed it down to a point where I found that the ones segfaulting were ones that contained a “#” in the filename. Output of runcommand.log is as follows:

    /opt/retropie/supplementary/runcommand/runcommand.sh: line 671: 2333 Segmentation fault /opt/retropie/emulators/retroarch/bin/retroarch -L /opt/retropie/libretrocores/lr-gpsp/gpsp_libretro.so --config /opt/retropie/configs/gba/retroarch.cfg "/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/gba/Advanced Wars # GBA.GBA" --appendconfig /tmp/retroarch.cfg

    The strange thing is, roms that worked under 2.6 don’t work under 3.0b2 – does it have anything to do with the “#” in the rom name? When I used the “rename” utility to rename these, it seemed to work. Behavior seems to be the same under lr-gpsp and gpsp.

    What does the “#” in a rom name signify, anyway?

    Thanks!

    • This topic was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by Profile photo of garrettmiller garrettmiller.

    #97648
    Profile photo of garrettmiller
    garrettmiller
    Participant

    Added as a possible issue to Github repo:

    https://github.com/retropie/RetroPie-Setup/issues/832

    #97659
    Profile photo of labelwhore
    labelwhore
    Participant

    Why on earth is there a pound sign in the filename? That’s asking for trouble if you ask me. I’d use a bulk renaming tool to remove any of those from any filename.

    Those are commonly used to comment out code, they will cause problems.

    http://www.th3rdwave.com/tracks/
    ^^ my other hobby

    • This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by Profile photo of labelwhore labelwhore.
    #97666
    Profile photo of garrettmiller
    garrettmiller
    Participant

    I’m not sure – that’s just something about the way they came. Oddly enough, they all worked fine under 2.6 – so I’m not sure what might have changed. I did do a mass-rename and they seem to be working now, I just thought it was noteworthy that they seemed to work under 2.6 and not 3.0b2.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Forums are currently read only - please visit the new RetroPie forums at https://retropie.org.uk/forums/

Skip to toolbar