Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

It would be great to see an installation for OSMC.
    I know OSMC is a skinned Kodi with some addons but it looks much nicer than Kodi alone.
    I have a seperate SD for OSMC but it would be amazing to see these two functioning together so I can select OSMC from the emulationstation screen.

Mutex
    Participant

Much like raspbmc, OSMC is a full operating system focused around Kodi. You can try to install the retropie_setup skript on a OSMC installation – i think it’s still debianbased – but I’m not sure that it will work.

The option to install Kodi in the retropie_setup is exactly that… it installs the kodi stuff on Raspbian. It’s not a full operating system or anything and you can’t install a different OS through Retropie. You could theoretically check the OSMC sources if available for all the changes made (i.e. the Kodi skin used by OSMC) and pack that together to install it on top of a Kodi installation but that’s a lot of work.

cliffyboro
    Participant

I’ll say the same as Mutex. The best way to do this would be to run the RetroPie setup script on top of an OSMC setup. Then you could autostart EmulationStation and put in an option to start the media centre from there or find a way to set a launcher to start emulation station from inside OSMC.

pattaboy
    Participant

[quote=92392]I’ll say the same as Mutex. The best way to do this would be to run the RetroPie setup script on top of an OSMC setup. Then you could autostart EmulationStation and put in an option to start the media centre from there or find a way to set a launcher to start emulation station from inside OSMC.

[/quote]

Thanks a lot guys!
    I never even looked in to Kodi before but I recently installed it on my retropie and it works flawlessly. never liked the skin but changed now and it looks great thanks guys!

cliffyboro
    Participant

No probs man, glad you got it sorted.

I’ve never been able to change for the default skin. I’ve been using XBMC since it was XBMP on the original Xbox and always stayed with he default. I loved Project Mayhem but really like Confluence too.

pattaboy
    Participant

oh wow that’s a long way.

I always used to have media players for my dad. but now I have decided to make a console of my own using a snes case. pretty similar to the pitendo here on the forum.. only mine does look like the original nes with 2 usb on the front.

caseyjames
    Participant

It does work!The different s between kodi and osmc are night and day as far as speed goes.If you like kodi,you will love osmc.Load times are almost non-existent.Retropie 3.o will load up with with osmc if your savvy enough.
    Guys you need to try things on your own before stating something doesn’t work.I know all this works I have tested it first hand!Thanks fellow gamers,game on

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Ideas for Further Enhancements’ is closed to new topics and replies.